By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 360 could sell 16 Million consoles next year. (Yes im insane)

konnichiwa said:
Squilliam said:
konnichiwa said:
You could be right but I don't know if MS has at this point enough new kind of games that can attract more customers.

Its not the games, its the price really. Every system has games, its not really a point of distinction. The Xbox 360 is actually selling in Europe, infact its outselling the PS3 currently (Surprisingly). Essentially now that its found its feet in Europe the sales will be up significantly as Europe is now a bigger market than the United states for hardware and the Xbox has traditionally done very poorly in that market.

Nah price has a smaller effect on the sales then games. I give it a small chance that it will do 16 million next year with only the games that are announced now.

Hardly ... no game could of done what the price cut has done. In fact no game from here on out on any of the systems will give it that much of a boost. It will need to be a BIG game.

Around the Network

If the 360 is at 99$ in november its possible :)

Squilliam said:

Shocking?

< a bunch of good arguments, but... >

LOL

The John Lucas of Xbox has spoken.

Insanity.

11 - 12 million is my guess, but we will see.

And talking about games: MS never talks about their games that early. That is what we have learned 07 and 08. GoW2 was announced in February for example.

There is a chance that we might hear something about Halo Chronicles with Peter Jackson, Forza 3 has been a rumor and indirectly confirmed http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30934 , APB is still in the making, Alan Wake is coming, GTA IV DLC, Lionhead is working on a project for some time now, no games from Rare so far, Mass Effect2, possible timed exclusive Bioshock2? Lots of rumors and lots of storys... so it is way too early to say the Xbox360 won't have games in 09.

But @ sales I don't see the numbers of the Xbox360 decreasing. But a plus of 5 million is a long way.

If you had told me before this generation started, the XBox360 will make it to 40, I would have been very happy. Unbelievable that it has a good shot to reach this number in 09.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

What are your numbers PER region?

So, you presume, that M$ will AGAIN cut x360 price? What about PROFIT?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
What are your numbers PER region?

So, you presume, that M$ wil AGAIN cut x360 price? What about PROFIT?

So, you presume, that $ony wil AGAIN cut PS3 price? What about PROFIT?

Well it's not like are no surprises in the gaming world right? ^_^

I could see it happening

Slimebeast, so you do BELIEVE, that during 2 years since last "pricecut" in NA for PS3 there won`t any more???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

your right mabye it could sell more?

kowenicki said:
so crazzyman and others above that think this is wildly optimistic.... what do you all think it will sell?

I'll put my final prediction in my sig when the Jan 3rd numbers come in, but I'm leaning towards:

X360 - 10 million
PS3 - 11.5 million

Because I still believe PS3 will be dropped to $299 in March, followed by a tiny $50 cut of the X360 60GB to $249 a couple of weeks later. The problem is that I don't know if the X360 will drop price with another $50 next Fall and steal the Holiday again, which could mean winning 2009 by selling 12 mill X360s.