By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If Nintendo (Wii) wins this gen...

JouninGarret said:
I have yet to see 3rd parties commiting their "big games" to the Wii....I think 2008 will be really telling when it comes to what kind of games 3rd parties have in store for the system.

Most have already made the commitment, its just a matter of waiting for those games to be announced. And with Nintendo, that could be a very long time. Don't forget most third party titles announced for the PS3/360/Wii currently were obtained before the PS3/Wii launched, so its hard to say how much things will change in 08.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network
Sporticus said:
konnichiwa said:

The differences between GC, PS2, Xbox were not that high like comparing the Wii visuals and the X360, PS3 visuals.

Then why is the Wii selling so much better than its graphically superior big brothers? Price? If it was Price wouldn't the GC have sold the best last generation? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the matter are.

I wan just thinking of that point this morning myself.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

konnichiwa said:
Soriku said:
KBG29 said:
I don't care if Nintendo wins this round or not. What I do care about is that they take all their earnings from this gen and make a system that really pushes the boundries of what is capable in computing. The only problem I have with the Wii is all the games are only as good as PS2/Xbox games with the added bonus of motion. However motion is not the answer to all games, and when it comes to zelda, mario, smash bros, and mario kart, they just don't look to offer anything new besides the motion. I may be wrong and I hope Nintendo can prove me so. Until then I look at the Wii as hopfully a way for them to make money to really make a great product next gen.

And HD graphics makes it 'much' better? Heck, last gen and before that Nintendo enforced good graphics and Sony low graphics and look where N and S went? Now N is doing less graphics and S high and look where they both are now.

The differences between GC, PS2, Xbox were not that high like comparing the Wii visuals and the X360, PS3 visuals.

I didn't mean as in visuals. I ment as in what the system is capable of beyond graphics. I to feel like the world I am in is alive. I like distructable enviorments, amazing physics, tons of animation, and live feeling world. It feels good when you walk into a city and cars are driving around, people are walking, other people are talking and laughfing, the wind is blowing garbage around the streets, and kids are playing in the park. This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. Even if it looked like N64, if it was that deep it would be a great game.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Sporticus said:
konnichiwa said:

Then why is the Wii selling so much better than its graphically superior big brothers? Price? If it was Price wouldn't the GC have sold the best last generation? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the matter are.

I was just fixing one of his comments, I didn't mention one word about sales.

But hey if you want my thougths (don't complain later that I am flaming).

Wii is not selling good because  of his good games (like Snes did) but because it is appealing to a big market that loves games like Wii sports, Wii brain training, and his motion controlling.

And in my opinion again the GC didn't had MANY great exclusive games.

konnichiwa said:
Sporticus said:
konnichiwa said:

I was just fixing one of his comments, I didn't mention one word about sales.

But hey if you want my thougths (don't complain later that I am flaming).

Wii is not selling good because  of his good games (like Snes did) but because it is appealing to a big market that loves games like Wii sports, Wii brain training, and his motion controlling.

And in my opinion again the GC didn't had MANY great exclusive games.

Ah, I see, that's fair. Sorry for the trouble.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network

Sporticus,so,do you think the Wii will start getting main entries of famous 3rd party franchises?....I mean,so far,all we see is they are going to PS3/360 while the Wii gets spin-offs....or do you think they´ll continue on the HD consoles while the Wii gets "its own big titles"?

JouninGarret said:
Sporticus,so,do you think the Wii will start getting main entries of famous 3rd party franchises?....I mean,so far,all we see is they are going to PS3/360 while the Wii gets spin-offs....or do you think they´ll continue on the HD consoles while the Wii gets "its own big titles"?

It depends ofcourse on developpers. I am pretty sure that in the future 80% of the developpers will think to make a small/avarage budget title on the Wii.

Square will think to make a game for the Wii,  kojima will think about it but I guess the most of the titles will be spin-offs like the new Rayman games and the DQ game.

I am pretty sure that Square will not think "hey let we make  FFXIV on Wii"" but 'hey let we make a FF game that is made especially for the motion controls and I don't expect a MGS or ZOE game on the Wii but a new kind of game.

About major titles not coming to the Wii, it can be largely attributed to the fact that nobody saw the Wii doing well, at least most did not. Games don't get made in a week some don't even get made in under a year or even 2 years or more. We may or may not see major entries to game series' only time will say, I am expecting to see some announced for release in 2008 sometime though.

Wow Oraichu, just wow.

How exactly is it a Gamecube if it has motion control? There is no valid reason to this whatsoever. I could say PS3 is just a PS2 with Blu-Ray, free online, and internet accesibility. The Wii has photos, internet, online play, forecast, news, different games and a new controller. How the hell is that a gamecube?

It has been proven time again that the most succesful console is also the longest life span. What makes you think the Wii isn't gonna last if it has a 90% of becoming the best selling system of all-time? Nintendo is definitely gonna milk that bad boy for a while.

And if it has current gen graphics people are gonna complain it's "worse than teh PS4 and Xbox 900".

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

The_vagabond7 said:
generally I ignore Leo, Killzone and hus. Nothing wrong with being a sony fan, even an optimistic one, but most of their posts are gibberish and wishful thinking. I call it gibberish thinking.
Amen

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS