By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - W00t! New Computer

You have to have a top of the line CPU to run brand new games at maximum settings.

Since my computer is able to run a 2004 game at absolutely maximum settings, I'm good for at least 3 or 4 years.

Just answer me this, would I be able to play games in, oh say, 2010 if I change the settings? Oh, and the Sims 3?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

your onboard video card is garbage for gaming. I did a quick search on your IGP to find an obsolete 6600gt is way faster.

what kind of games do you play? what games are you anticipating?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Hey!!!

Why is everyone ripping on the guys computer?

The J man would dream to have his computer. The J mans computer is so garbage it cant even run half life 2

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

dtewi,

Forget playing any new games (xcept for Sims n stuff, but they dont count because they are developed to run on shitty comps).

Its your (absense of) graphics card that is the problem. The rest including the CPU is fine.

To solve the problem you just buy a new graphics card and plug it in - we'll give u some good tips if you're interested - and you will be able to play anything you want. But you'll have to check if the motherboard has a PCI-express slot and if there is enuff room in the chassi for a rufly 10-13 inch long graphics card.

Slimebeast said:
dtewi,

Forget playing any new games (xcept for Sims n stuff, but they dont count because they are developed to run on shitty comps).

Its your (absense of) graphics card that is the problem. The rest including the CPU is fine.

To solve the problem you just buy a new graphics card and plug it in - we'll give u some good tips if you're interested - and you will be able to play anything you want. But you'll have to check if the motherboard has a PCI-express slot and if there is enuff room in the chassi for a rufly 10-13 inch long graphics card.

Donnot call the J mans computer "shitty" , its special.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
jesus kung fu magic said:
Slimebeast said:
dtewi,

Donnot call the J mans computer "shitty" , its special. its a relic

I guess so

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Running Vista will reduce performance!
Graphics card is your weakest component, hopefully motherdoard will allow you to upgrade.
Get 2gb more RAM and a Samsung 1TB F1 Hard Drive in the future as well for more performance!

dtewi said:
You have to have a top of the line CPU to run brand new games at maximum settings.

Since my computer is able to run a 2004 game at absolutely maximum settings, I'm good for at least 3 or 4 years.

Just answer me this, would I be able to play games in, oh say, 2010 if I change the settings? Oh, and the Sims 3?

2010? Well, 1st thing to do is to upgrade your GPU, the bottleneck on your PC begins there, the CPU is fine, not high-end but fine.

The Sims is usually meant for the mainstream, so it's not made for hardcore PCs...

get rid of vista immediately, switch to xp, it'll increase the desktop performance twice

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Graphics are provided either through either a dedicated graphics card or by on-board integrated graphics. Yours has integrated graphics which will not provide you much graphic power at all.

Look at your motherboard. Does it have a PCI-e x16 slot? It looks like this (the blue and orange slots).
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2008/04/early_look_gigabyte_ga-p45-ds5/gigabyte4-8.jpg

If you have one available then you can buy a graphics card, pretty cheap, that will greatly expand your graphics capabilities.

The rEVOLution is not being televised