By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What'll sell more: Tales of Symphonia: KoR (Wii) or Tales of Innocence (DS)

Innocence because it's the main game and RK is a gaiden and Symphonia didn't sell that great in Japan.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Doesn't matter. Symphonia was a one time success outside of Japan.

DS > Wii... At least in sales and especially in Japan.  So I'd go with Tales of Innocence.

Soriku said:
So...most people who bought Symphonia will buy ToS: KoR.

No.

Tales of the Tempest wasn't good. Yes, even Japan cares about quality in their games.

Around the Network

Claude, not everything can be Star Ocean, please stop needlessly attacking the topic.

It's hard to say, Tales of Symphonia was so big in the US that it could easily garner a strong following with the sequel. But the DS is always a more compelling console for sales given its userbase alone and appeal in the Japanese Market. Hard call, but a safe bet would be the DS.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

In Japan, ToI definitely. In USA, ToS Wii. WW LTD, Innocence. I expect Innocence to be a million seller. And ToS about 500-600k. Good enough for more Tales games.

Sporticus said:
Claude, not everything can be Star Ocean, please stop needlessly attacking the topic.

It's hard to say, Tales of Symphonia was so big in the US that it could easily garner a strong following with the sequel. But the DS is always a more compelling console for sales given its userbase alone and appeal in the Japanese Market. Hard call, but a safe bet would be the DS.

When the hell did I attack anything? Better yet, what the hell does Star Ocean have to do with anything?

Soriku said:
^ ToS sold 1 mil+ so it's sequel 500-600k? I think not.

It's not a sequel, it's a spinoff. I think so.

Hard to say Claude, your avatar and Sig are only Star Ocean and I see you doing everything in your power to kill the hype about anything related to the Tales of Series on the Nintendo so it was a logical deduction and an innocent jest. :)

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom