By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What'll sell more: Tales of Symphonia: KoR (Wii) or Tales of Innocence (DS)

ClaudeLv250 said:
Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Read the first page...

i'm failing to see your proof that its a spin-off, all i've seen from the first page is how in your opinion it is a spin-off where i have given you a Definition that the next ToS fits, besides i dont really care if it's a spin-off, all im pointing out is that you said it was not a sequel to soriku when it is

The proof of it being is a spinoff is the fact that it's a spinoff like every other spinoff in the series. I told you to read the first page for a reason. They even said it's not Symphonia 2 in the interview. Destiny 2 is a direct sequel and a main entry. Ratatosk Knight is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. Narikiri Dungeon is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. Summoner's Lineage is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. It's not that hard to understand.

they also said it was a sequel to ToS in the interview and jsut becasue it doesnt ahve a "2" after it doesnt mean it cant be a sequel, i mean look at movies like alien... it goes alien then aliens (its sequel that doesnt have a 2) then alien 3 and then alien ressurection, so i really dont see where you going with this

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network
Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Read the first page...

i'm failing to see your proof that its a spin-off, all i've seen from the first page is how in your opinion it is a spin-off where i have given you a Definition that the next ToS fits, besides i dont really care if it's a spin-off, all im pointing out is that you said it was not a sequel to soriku when it is

The proof of it being is a spinoff is the fact that it's a spinoff like every other spinoff in the series. I told you to read the first page for a reason. They even said it's not Symphonia 2 in the interview. Destiny 2 is a direct sequel and a main entry. Ratatosk Knight is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. Narikiri Dungeon is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. Summoner's Lineage is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. It's not that hard to understand.

they also said it was a sequel to ToS in the interview so i really dont see where you going with this

And I already said multiple times on the first page that it was a sequel that takes place after a main game in the series (like the other gaidens) so I don't know where you're going with this.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Read the first page...

they also said it was a sequel to ToS in the interview so i really dont see where you going with this

And I already said multiple times on the first page that it was a sequel that takes place after a main game in the series (like the other gaidens) so I don't know where you're going with this.

well if you can find me an article by the developers where they say it's a spin-off or a gaiden then i'll be  happy to agree but, they said it was a sequel not a gaiden, and i'm off to bed (it's late where i live) so i'll continue with this tomorrow, also i edited my last post be sure to check it out

I don't need an article - it was announced as a gaiden because only Innocence is the next main game in the series. And Aliens has nothing to do with anything. This is Tales we're talking about. The only direct sequel in the series that exists so far is call Tales of Destiny 2.

Ratatosk Knight follows the typical Tales gaiden formula so closely that it HURTS.

ClaudeLv250 said:
I don't need an article - it was announced as a gaiden because only Innocence is the next main game in the series. And Aliens has nothing to do with anything. This is Tales we're talking about. The only direct sequel in the series that exists so far is call Tales of Destiny 2.

Ratatosk Knight follows the typical Tales gaiden formula so closely that it HURTS.

so your saying your so specail that you don't need proof to prove something? agian i could care less if it is a spin-off or a gaiden or w/e but it is a sequel all i pointed out was that you shouldnt post arrogant statements like

"Reading comprehension.

It works."

when you cant read or comprehend yourself.

Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
^ ToS sold 1 mil+ so it's sequel 500-600k? I think not.

It's not a sequel, it's a spinoff. I think so.

ToS:KoR IS a sequel and right there you state that it is not, you didnt state that it was a indirect sequel. you that it was not a sequel at all when it clearly is even especially the developers say it is.

Around the Network

people are so ignorant

is it called tales of symphonia 2? no, its a gaiden, its common sense.

for example. is final fantasy 7: dirge of cerberus a sequel to ff7? NO. its a gaiden, a sidestory

the ds version due to installed base and japan luv for RPG's and DS

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Ari_Gold said:
people are so ignorant

is it called tales of symphonia 2? no, its a gwell how aoaiden, its common sense.

for example. is final fantasy 7: dirge of cerberus a sequel to ff7? NO. its a gaiden, a sidestory

well how about you enlighten me on what makes a gaiden a gaiden. from what claude says ff x-2 would be a gaiden but yet its a direct sequel. it ahs the experimental gameplay, a story that really does nothing to progress the story of ffx any further.

Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

so your saying your so specail that you don't need proof to prove something? agian i could care less if it is a spin-off or a gaiden or w/e but it is a sequel all i pointed out was that you shouldnt post arrogant statements like

No, I'm saying it's so obvious that it's a gaiden when they flat out said it wasn't Symphonia 2, and because all details that came with the announcement of the game were that of the typical Tales GAIDEN. If it was a direct sequel, I highly doubt the producers would go out of their way to explain why it is not a direct Tales sequel.

That's why I told you to read the first page. Seriously, reading comprehension. It ****ing works. Wonders.

Possum5454 said:

ToS:KoR IS a sequel and right there you state that it is not, you didnt state that it was a indirect sequel. you that it was not a sequel at all when it clearly is even especially the developers say it is.

ClaudeLv250 said:

2) I think people have this narrow mainded approach that it taking place after Symphonia somehow negates the fact that it's a spinoff, as if previous Tales spinoffs haven't taken place after specific games. Is it a sequel? Of course, what was it supposed to be, an alternate reality? Is it a direct sequel? No, it's a spinoff with experimental gameplay characteristic of Tales spinoffs. Anyone who can't make the distinction between Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon is someone that can't think right.

This is the second time I've pasted this in this thread. I'm seriously starting to wonder if you have a brain deficiency because reading comprehension clearly isn't working for you.

I'm not trying to be offensive, I'd just never come across a person with such an incredibly numb skull on these forums. You're clearly missing, or ignoring everything I've said that compeltely detroys whatever pathetic argument you conjured up. In fact, you HAVE no argument. You're just desperately clinging onto my quotes while completely ignoring the explanation behind them. You're simply arguing for the sake of arguing. You have no points, you have no reasoning, and you have no purpose. Be quiet.

Possum5454 said:
Ari_Gold said:
people are so ignorant

is it called tales of symphonia 2? no, its a gwell how aoaiden, its common sense.

1)well how about you enlighten me on what makes a gaiden a gaiden. 2)from what claude says ff x-2 would be a gaiden but yet its a direct sequel. it ahs the experimental gameplay, a story that really does nothing to progress the story of ffx any further.

1) Wait, so you don't ACTUALLY know what makes a gaiden a gaiden but you feel the need to argue that the Symphonia gaiden isn't a gaiden? Good lord, what WERE you thinking?

2) Final Fantasy X-2 has **** to do with Tales. I didn't say anything about it. This is why I know you don't know what you're talking about: You're using Final Fantasy as a basis for Tales. Tales has its own style, own games, hell it even has flashy names for its individually tweaked battle systems. FF has no impact on what makes Tales, Tales. Tales gaidens have a very specific formula that applies to Tales gaidens, and Knight of Ratatosk fits the bill perfectly. I could even make a list for people that want to know.