By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What'll sell more: Tales of Symphonia: KoR (Wii) or Tales of Innocence (DS)

I'm not saying ToS Ratatosk No Kishi is the next sequel to the series -_- and in that post niether did Soriku, all he said was that ToS Ratatosk No Kishi was the sequel to ToS and it is and you said that it wasnt

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

And it's not. It's a gaiden like Narikiri Dungeon.

This just goes back to my point that people thinking the game taking place after Symphonia somehow negates its side game status when other Tales games did it before. This isn't new, it's not that confusing, and it's not the end of the world that RK isn't Symphonia 2. I'm sure it'll be a good game either way, but its side status in the series goes on to tell that it's not going to have the time, manpower, or depth inserted into it that Symphonia had because it is a game created from the ground up to accompany Symphonia at its side as a gaiden and not the Symphonia 2 that would succeed and exceed it in all aspects. This is exactly why I don't think sales will be up to par with Symphonia, let alone double it like some people seem to think.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

DS = Larger userbase

I know a larger userbase doesn't mean it will sell more but I am pretty sure about this one :s.

ClaudeLv250 said:

A sequel is a work of fiction in literature, film, and other creative works that is produced after a completed work, and is set in the same "universe", but at a later time. It usually continues elements of the original story.

ToS: KoR takes place two years after ToS so it is a sequel

bit off topic

but just wanted to share a bunch of skits that japanese gamers got when they preordered their tales games..
ive just recently viewed it myself and i think that it deserves to be viewed by a hell of a lot more people..
it was all subeed by Ptilol. aight without further ado.

Tales of Fandom - free dvd you get when you preorder Tales of the Abyss.
meeting of 8 great heroes .
free dvd you get when you preorder Tales of the Abyss
part 1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=DrQ7vhOriXw

part 2- http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sodd0giHWEk

Apple Gumi - free dvd you get when you preorder Tales of Phantasia voiced edition.
interview with the cast.
part 1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=NIqPHbdf_K4

part 2- http://youtube.com/watch?v=S-yB3-pQAhs

Lemon Gumi - free dvd you get when you preorder tales of World: Radiant Mythology.
interview with the heroes that made the cut to be in the ToL game.
part 1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nsg1EqVnDVM

Part 2- http://youtube.com/watch?v=XFKuWnzKGQs

I hope the videos put atleast a smile on your faces ^^

zelos voice suits him way better in japanese compared to english

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

A sequel is a work of fiction in literature, film, and other creative works that is produced after a completed work, and is set in the same "universe", but at a later time. It usually continues elements of the original story.

I think it's been well established that this game is after Symphonia since it's even in the summary, but it's still a gaiden. A spinoff. Not Symphonia 2. Like Narikiri Dungeon.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

I think it's been well established that this game is after Symphonia since it's even in the summary, but it's still a gaiden. A spinoff. Not Symphonia 2. Like Narikiri Dungeon.

how so? it said the main characters would be returning

Read the first page...

ClaudeLv250 said:
Read the first page...

i'm failing to see your proof that its a spin-off, all i've seen from the first page is how in your opinion it is a spin-off where i have given you a Definition that the next ToS fits, besides i dont really care if it's a spin-off, all im pointing out is that you said it was not a sequel to soriku when it is

Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Read the first page...

i'm failing to see your proof that its a spin-off, all i've seen from the first page is how in your opinion it is a spin-off where i have given you a Definition that the next ToS fits, besides i dont really care if it's a spin-off, all im pointing out is that you said it was not a sequel to soriku when it is

The proof of it being is a spinoff is the fact that it's a spinoff like every other spinoff in the series. I told you to read the first page for a reason. They even said it's not Symphonia 2 in the interview. Destiny 2 is a direct sequel and a main entry. Ratatosk Knight is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. Narikiri Dungeon is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. Summoner's Lineage is not a direct sequel and is a gaiden. It's not that hard to understand.