By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What'll sell more: Tales of Symphonia: KoR (Wii) or Tales of Innocence (DS)

ookaze just got pwnt

Around the Network
stof said:
How about this Sporticus. Treat other posters with respect, and then you won't have to wonder why you still bother? Claude didn't say anything to warrant your attacks.

Fair, but it'd Be nice if one of you mods ever showed up to keep other troublesome members for doing similar things if not worse. I'm not saying I don't deserve a talking to here about my behavior, but a little consistancy across the forum would be a refreshing sight.

Ari_Gold said:
ohhh and @ sporticus who was attacking claude for no reason about his star ocean sig.

Did you know that the first Tales game ever, "Tales of Phantasia" was developed by Wolfteam who then formed tri-Ace, and guess what? they make the Star Ocean games.

Hey, would you like another swing at the dead horse.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

@ClaudeLv250:
OMG!!!
Let's look at what you linked (http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=450) :

Namco Bandai has recently announced it will release Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk for the Wii. The sequel takes place 2 years after the events of Tales of Symphonia featuring new characters Emil Castagnier and Marta Lualdi. Fans of the series can expect to see familiar locales and characters from the previous game as well.

In a recent interview with producer Makoto Yoshidumi on Japanese publication Famitsu, he talks about the upcoming sequel. "The reason why we did not name this Tales of Symphonia 2 is because the game concept is quite different from the previous game. Now players will be able to have monsters as party members and can level up together with the main characters."

Enough said, you can't think right confirmed.

ookaze said:

@ClaudeLv250:
OMG!!!
Let's look at what you linked (http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=450) :

Namco Bandai has recently announced it will release Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk for the Wii. The sequel takes place 2 years after the events of Tales of Symphonia featuring new characters Emil Castagnier and Marta Lualdi. Fans of the series can expect to see familiar locales and characters from the previous game as well.

In a recent interview with producer Makoto Yoshidumi on Japanese publication Famitsu, he talks about the upcoming sequel. "The reason why we did not name this Tales of Symphonia 2 is because the game concept is quite different from the previous game. Now players will be able to have monsters as party members and can level up together with the main characters."

Enough said, you can't think right confirmed.

ClaudeLv250 said:

2) I think people have this narrow mainded approach that it taking place after Symphonia somehow negates the fact that it's a spinoff, as if previous Tales spinoffs haven't taken place after specific games. Is it a sequel? Of course, what was it supposed to be, an alternate reality? Is it a direct sequel? No, it's a spinoff with experimental gameplay characteristic of Tales spinoffs. Anyone who can't make the distinction between Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon is someone that can't think right.

Reading comprehension.

It works.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

If Symphonia comes out within a year, then I’d expect it go get some fairly good sales, potentially more than Innocence because there is less selection right now. Regardless of what 2008 will bring, the Wii probably still won’t have the plethora of titles to stop Knight of Ratatosk sales. It will be interesting to see how Innocence fares after what happened with Tempest though.

Now, I know that Symphonia sold abysmally in Japan, but I had thought that was just for the Gamecube version? I was led to believe that the PS2 port had actually sold rather well. I can’t seem to find sales data for the PS2 version on this site. It would have to at least have relatively popular for it to spawn a spin-off and an anime adaptation.

I personally won’t get into the spin-off/sequel argument until I actually see some more details for the Knight of Ratatosk story. Right now all I can seem to find on the story is a small piece of information that doesn’t really indicate one way or the other.

Around the Network

Innocence will sell better cause the DS userbase is ungodly huge haha.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
^ ToS sold 1 mil+ so it's sequel 500-600k? I think not.

It's not a sequel, it's a spinoff. I think so.

well all soriku said that ToS is the first and ToS Ratatosk No Kishi is ToS sequel not the next tales game which it is, and you reply saying that it's not when even the developers say it is.

Reading comprehension.

It works.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

I thing Symphonia 2 because huge RPGs are more appealing to a home console rather than a portable.

I think Symphonia 2 too because there's a lack of RPGs for Wii

True fighters don't wear socks.

Possum5454 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:
^ ToS sold 1 mil+ so it's sequel 500-600k? I think not.

It's not a sequel, it's a spinoff. I think so.

well all soriku said that ToS is the first and ToS Ratatosk No Kishi is ToS sequel not the next tales game which it is, and you reply saying that it's not when even the developers say it is.

Reading comprehension.

It works.

Except the Tales of Innocence video says "next Tales of" and the Symphonia gaiden isn't.

I don't think people should be copying my reading comprehension line if they can't read or comprehend. I know it sounds hard, but typically people should be able to do both. I'll give you a cookie if try next time.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"