By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Looks like Forza 3 will not compete with GT5 in 2009...

ATTENTION everyone

this interview is more than 4 months old

Around the Network

Let's wait for Forza 3 to even be announced ok.

If it is, and I don't think it is, shouldn't we have at least an video or a screenshot?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

COME ON SONY - YOU ARE FUCKING KILLING ME HERE. I thought GT5 would be out in time to compete with Forza 2. Now Forza 3 is going to come out before it.

Oh well...the wait will be worth it, I'm just going to bitch while I'm at it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony value the franchise so highly that they aren't prepared to risk anything more than a prologue on such a small, slowly growing userbase.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
@rpg

don't break Xbox 360 fans heart man,,,that's just mean ;)

I could care less which one sells more and which one is known throughout the industry. Gameplay matters...and also having a game come out is nice.

All of you saying that GT is completely untouchable are acting quite irrational. You guys remind me of how Sony acted before the PS3 launched...and they are in last place now. Im not saying tha tForza 3 is taking GT down as the main driving sim...but some other game might. The main game designers behind GT may leave polyphony...you never know people.

no it's just that they way you posted the article is ratehr troliish so you get trollish responces.that's all,,,beside our interview is 4 months old,,,,a month and half ago the guy said in 09.

but we never know untill it's confirmed

Around the Network

@starcraft

X360 doesn't have 18 games above 90%.it's 17 ;) on matacritics and 16 on game rankings

SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
@rpg

I could care less which one sells more and which one is known throughout the industry. Gameplay matters...and also having a game come out is nice.

All of you saying that GT is completely untouchable are acting quite irrational. You guys remind me of how Sony acted before the PS3 launched...and they are in last place now. Im not saying tha tForza 3 is taking GT down as the main driving sim...but some other game might. The main game designers behind GT may leave polyphony...you never know people.

no it's just that they way you posted the article is ratehr troliish so you get trollish responces.that's all,,,beside our interview is 4 months old,,,,a month and half ago the guy said in 09.

Im sorry if the article is that old. Kotaku posted it today...few hours ago infact. I guess we need more info on both forza and gt before we can discuss this.

RPG said:
Sony should find out the week Forza 3 releases and for the giggles release GT5 the same week, that would be stone cold.

No they shouldn't, they should release it a couple of weeks or a month before so that people have to decide on playing Forza now or waiting for GT. There will be plenty of people who will be too impatient to wait and then will have to decide to spend another $60 on another similar racing game which will lose GT sales.

However I expect MS to release Forza 3 for Xmas 2009 regardless of GT, the article here suggests it may not even be out until 2011

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

SpartanFX said:
disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
@rpg

whew....I'm so glad to hear that. I almost lost it there for a minute. Knowing Sony it will get pushed back to 2010.

wow, wth are they trying to do with gt5? if there pushing it back to 2010, maybe they should name it gt6, and rename gt5p to just gt5.