By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Looks like Forza 3 will not compete with GT5 in 2009...

Kantor said:
theword said:

It is not that Sony don't care when GT5 will be out.  If it was possible, Sony would loved to put both GT5 and Kill Zone 2 out holiday 07 or 08.  Same case with FFXIII.  Reality is that these developers underestimated the complexity of their ambition for their target platform.   It is not that they don't have more than a 100 people working on each project simultaneously, they do.  Yet each of these projects are approaching 4 years of development time.   The only way to bring these  game out faster is to scale down the developers' ambition.   

Killzone 2 was ready for November 2008. Sony delayed it because they didn't want to risk it being destroyed in sales by the competition. It is now releasing in that time of the year that nothing is ever released (except SF4 and RE5)

Oh, just those two tiny insignificant titles then?

Halo Wars, Star Ocean.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@starcraft

I think he means ps3. FEAR2 otherwise will probably sell as well killzone 2 on PC and 360... The PC fanbase for that game is substantial and 360 hasnt had a new shooter in like...a week...people are restless :)

Yeah this thread is done...derailed like Van Dammes career.

there is already a lot of great games coming this year 2009 at least they have gt5 a big exclusive for 2010 and without competition i think its good idea,

This topic is pointless. The news is too old to bother commenting on, and everyone should have gotten their jollies and damage control out when it was current.

I know for a fact I read an interview conducted by a contest winner with GT5's creator and he laughed at the idea of this title releasing in 2010. It was conducted after this news was released. I will not look for it, because I have better things to do. Interested parties, Google is your friend.

Thread locked.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.