By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CoD: WaW Wii Will Sell 2 Million At Least

It will break 1 million by March or April and go on to sell 2 million at least. The games is starting to the that "buzz" that is required for a Wii game to become a huge hit. I hear people who are not core in the least bit talking about the game.

Activision has been advertising the ALOT, yet the stores are selling out. This means to me it is selling well and there is a decent supply (why waste so much money marketing a game that you cant even supply). Stores around me have beeb getting shipments of the game and it is still hard to find.

There is no way it sold "just" 28k last week.

Wii games that sold more - Wall e, The Price is Right, Monopoly, We Ski, Jillian Micheals Fitniss Ultimatum, Spydro: Dawn of the Dragon... I have never seen any of those games sold out. How can a game with a HUGE name, great marketing budget, quality, out of stock, and such be selling less than board game, games, Game show games, and a Crappy Fitness game, and an IP that has been dead for like 8 years... Just a little frustration here.

Honestly With the Wiis userbase and the fact the game is mainstream... this thing could really become very big.

Games last year that were called uber flops until fiscal data was released (NDP undertracking) Carnical Games, and Game Party are just a few names.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

I agree. As I've said my experience is purely anecdotal, but the game was sold out at 2 out of the 3 gamespots I checked, and the gamespot I did get the game from, I got the last copy.

So I guess we'll see what happens. I remember when games like boom blox and ZW and even NMH were considered flops early on, now not so much.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I doubt that. Sales are better than my prediction (400-500k) but 800k to 1 million would still be great. CoD WaW is a good game but it's not very accessible.

Carnival games was called a flop? Hehe, that never happened. Same for Game Party.

But the game will still sell over 1M (easily). It is steadily selling 50K, and with some word of mouth (which it will get, if it is as good and appealing as you claim), it might sell close to that after the holidays.

So, by end of Jan, it could see ~  450K. Then ~ 150K for the next months (Up untill November) which yields ~  1.5M in total.

So it could be close to 2M before the holiday season (slightly optimistic though).

I think you're correct Bigjon.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

the game was also sold out at two walmarts i was at. i think those adverts really paid off

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

For the most part I agree. Whether or not itll hit 2 mil is beyond me, but i definately think its undertracked as of now.

Maybe a lot of stores just have low stock and therefore selling out fast. Then restocking. That could lead to the game selling out at many places and in some places more then ones. That would put the sales against a limit of how much it can sell week after week. A game that has lots of commercial time on TV and the hype of getting sold out can keep the interest alive and people on hunt for the last copy, anywhere.

I had talked with my father about Wii games I was thinking he should play. His two favorite hobbies are golf and watching WW2 films. First I suggested Tiger Woods golf. he said he had no interest in playing golf games. Then I told him about COD:WAW , basically describing it as a first person view of the WW2 campaigns in the pacific. He said he was definitely interested in playing that.
I wonder, if pitched to the older crowd of retired Vets the right way, there could be a whole new customer base for war based FPS games.

I'm skeptical. It'll do well enough, I think, but I don't see it hitting that high a number. My guess is that the bulk of the fanbase is either not yet on the Wii, or it prefers the HD version for now.

Thought it was a big flop.............If I remember well, I was reading a thread with those words

Sick of SackBoy threads