By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

@BTF: And so? DS still outsells every other non-Nintendo platform. Your comparison is ridiculous. Wii should be compared to the home consoles, which it outsold like 3:1 combined lol.

Even then, Wii still trounced the PSP WW, there's no point for your post other than make yourself look ignorant and blind.

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
Smashed said:
SleepWaking said:
Smashed said:
Does no one notice the PS3's sales, remember when the 360 was supposably dominating PS3 in japan?

It beating the 360 now doesn't mean it's not selling like crap.

Where did I say it was selling like crap? : All i said remember when everyone here said the 360 would always be higher then PS3 in japan, I remember.

I think nobody comments on that anymore because it has been like that for a few weeks now, BTW were there really people saying that the 360 would be always higher???

There's always a few, we're you here when the 360 was outselling the PS3 in japan and all the ps3 is doomed threads?

Im really glad the PSP had a great week WW, its given Sony something to smile about at least

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

BTFeather55 said:

Even when the Wii sells 100,000+ units in Japan, the PSP manages to edge it. The PS3 is doing much better in Japan than the 360 now which should bring it more Japanese support. Microsoft is trying to sell Gears in Japan, but I really don't expect them to have another game that puts them ahead of the PS3 there until Star Ocean (but if Last Remnant PS3 comes out at about the same time with some FFXIII trailers or a demo attached it will do better in Japan than Star Ocean 4.)

Demon's Souls (PS3's exclusive JRPG) is out in February, and Capcom is releasing Street Fighter 4 (that sells better on the PS3 in Japan), even if we don't add The Last Remnant, it's enough for PS3 to outsell 360 easily in Japan, even with a main SE franchise like SO4...

It won't be long before PSP outsells PS3 by 10 million units in Japan. Bet Sony didn't expect that when they first announced PS3. Ah diddums!

Around the Network
Star Scream said:
It won't be long before PSP outsells PS3 by 10 million units in Japan. Bet Sony didn't expect when they first announced PS3. Ah diddums!

They said that the PSP was going to be the new walkman and the UMD the new standard format...... yes there were pretty crazy those days:

From 2002 PSM

You might be buying the PSP to play games, but Sony wants to make sure you keep using it long after your thumbs have blistered by packing it full of multimedia features. 
     For music aficionados, the unit supports standard MP3 files as well as Sony's proprietary ATRAC3plus format, originally conceived for the much-maligned MiniDisk. Converting music to the ATRAC3plus format will require custom software, such as Sony's "Sonic Stage", but we doubt it'll be bundled with the PSP (it wasn't in Japan).
     On the video front, the PSP features support for the brand new H.264/AVC video codec. An extension of the MPEG-4 format, H.264 is the basis for HD DVD, but scales quite nicely for lower resolution systems such as the PSP. You'll be able to create your own content and save it to a memory stick (watch your favorite shows on the go) or download videos for playback. If you have a digital camera that records in MPEG-4 you can save the file directly to a memory stick them slide it into the PSP for instant playback. As with the audio, though, you may have to track down your own program for converting files such as AVIs to PSP ready format.
     Also, while there hasn't been a formal title announcement, Sony is still planning on releasing pre-ordered movies on the UMD format, and trailers for everything from Shrek 2 and The Day After Tomorrow to The Grudge and Seinfeld were running at the event. Professionally compressed and optimized for the PSP's screen, UMD titles should offer great quality. The big questions are how much it will cost (in North America), and will fans be willing to purchase UMDs as well as, or instead of DVDs?

alfredofroylan said:
Star Scream said:
It won't be long before PSP outsells PS3 by 10 million units in Japan. Bet Sony didn't expect when they first announced PS3. Ah diddums!

They said that the PSP was going to be the new walkman and the UMD the new standard format...... yes there were pretty crazy those days:

From 2002 PSM

You might be buying the PSP to play games, but Sony wants to make sure you keep using it long after your thumbs have blistered by packing it full of multimedia features. 
     For music aficionados, the unit supports standard MP3 files as well as Sony's proprietary ATRAC3plus format, originally conceived for the much-maligned MiniDisk. Converting music to the ATRAC3plus format will require custom software, such as Sony's "Sonic Stage", but we doubt it'll be bundled with the PSP (it wasn't in Japan).
     On the video front, the PSP features support for the brand new H.264/AVC video codec. An extension of the MPEG-4 format, H.264 is the basis for HD DVD, but scales quite nicely for lower resolution systems such as the PSP. You'll be able to create your own content and save it to a memory stick (watch your favorite shows on the go) or download videos for playback. If you have a digital camera that records in MPEG-4 you can save the file directly to a memory stick them slide it into the PSP for instant playback. As with the audio, though, you may have to track down your own program for converting files such as AVIs to PSP ready format.
     Also, while there hasn't been a formal title announcement, Sony is still planning on releasing pre-ordered movies on the UMD format, and trailers for everything from Shrek 2 and The Day After Tomorrow to The Grudge and Seinfeld were running at the event. Professionally compressed and optimized for the PSP's screen, UMD titles should offer great quality. The big questions are how much it will cost (in North America), and will fans be willing to purchase UMDs as well as, or instead of DVDs?

I know they were optimistic back in the day, but I was specifically talking about 2006, when they first announced PS3. Sony were so sure in PS3's success, they almost left PSP to die with next to no internal software support. They probably thought - 'PS3 is here, who cares about PSP!'

Another record for the Wii!!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Wow looks like my hardware predictions for this week went down the drain :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Is there really any doubt that Wii will be at 50% Market Share at least by March? :)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits