By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Play magazine gives heavenly sword 10/10?

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-58261.aspx

This is just a roumer, no confirmation yet.

mM
Around the Network

They gave Lair a 9.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Soriku said:
They gave Sonic atSR a 9...

Actually they gave Sonic the Hedgehog for 360/PS3 a 9.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

dam...oh well atleast we have one magazine that gave heavenly sword a 10/10 and by the preview in gametrailers, it seems they love the game.

mM

...if they gave sonix for 360/ps3 a 9.....wow.....
let me hand them superman 64, probably also get a 9

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Play Magazine has been found to have a pretty slanted view of gaming. I'd take their opinion with a pretty hefty chunk of salt.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Love how Play is suddenly a relevant magazine because it supposedly gave Heavenly Sword a 10/10

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Love how Play is suddenly a relevant magazine because it supposedly gave Heavenly Sword a 10/10

Actually I would second that score. I've seen also 9,5 for HS in one of my local magazines so in this particular matter they aren't far from truth.

I can tolerate someone liking Mario Party 8. It was newish, just not good in my opinion.

And Maybe FFXII appealed to new markets and showed that there is appeal in a RPG game with no story or charecters, so long as the combat is different and the game beautiful.

But giving a 9/10 to Sonic? They gotta inject some potent shit into their eyeballs before reviewing games. It doesn't say anything about the Quality of Heavenly Sword, because if they like horrible games, they probably like good games. That or their reviews start at a base of 9 and get a score out of 100 otherwise.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I love the look and feel of that magazine, it has a really nice layout. That being said, I dont read the reviews too much anymore. They do seem a bit overly optimistic and lenient.

One of their writers, Brady Fiechter, has just too artsy of a writing style. Some people might appreciate that kind of thing (not me though) but for game reviews, sometimes I feel like it gives me a headache and takes too many words to get a simple point across.

Heres an example of his writing style, a snippet of his review of Resistance Fall of Man. (Uggh)

"....The driving segments, environmental stiffness—so much does move and bend that the things you’d expect to follow suit stand out in error—and limp story take a toll on the greater whole of the experience. But in the end, what an experience it is. Like Gears of War—and here’s one of the few comparisons the two games perhaps deserve—there is a core soul to the game, a high level of energy and charisma and artistic triumph that smothers the obvious chunks of inadequacy"

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )