By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

great numbers!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Oh god, im saying it will sell 20 million before the end of 2008, that is possible, there are 4 days included in the "Month ending in JAN 2/3" in those days the ps3 will hit 20 million.

mM
seece said:
Squilliam said:
Just updated, lulz.

2,500,000 Inbound?

Yessir! Probably more, since the time period terminates 03rd of January.

PS3 lead for 2008? Terminated.

PS3 lead for financial year 2008? Terminated.

Xbox 360 Lead of 1,000,000 for 2008? Achievement unlocked.

Tease.

@leo-j

So your predicting that the PS3 will sell at 228% of its probable sales total of this week. During the coarse of the next ten days. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to view last years charts. That did show that the console was capable of selling 1.2 million within your given time frame.

However while you were viewing those numbers you neglected to compare this week to its comparable week last year. The console year over year is selling at only 45% of what it sold the previous year. Going forward the console in the next ten days if all things were equal would only sell 540,000 units. Which would actually make some sense. Were it not for the fact that the consoles sales slipped week over week last year. The console actually sold worse Christmas week. Accounting for only 88% of the previous weeks sales.

Taking that into account next week the sales should be closer to 460,000, and even if it saw sales par for last year which was one hundred thousand a day. With four days remaining in this year which is incredibly improbable. You still have no hope of reaching that sales figure. More then likely your going to see around 700,000 at most. Which leaves you half a million off of the mark.

You sir should have your prediction privileges revoked. Not because you are always wrong, or because you are blatantly biased. You make no effort what so ever. Your only hope of that prediction coming to pass is a Christmas miracle, or Ioi having to radically revise the figures. Have the decency to at least provide a somewhat rational reason. Beyond the reading of tea leaves. You have the tools to do this, and you choose not to use them.

Stop spouting shit, and have some self respect. Do you like having people laugh at you? That is what everyone in this thread did when they saw your prediction. They laughed at you.

leo-j said:
Oh god, im saying it will sell 20 million before the end of 2008, that is possible, there are 4 days included in the "Month ending in JAN 2/3" in those days the ps3 will hit 20 million.

No it won't ... after this weeks Japan numbers adding on (lets say it does in the middle of the preview 45 - 55k, so 50k) then that puts WW numbers at 18.83.

Sales are expected to drop next week, I expect the drop to be little though, so even if the PS3 sells 535k again that only puts it at 19.36. You really think a week after christmas its going to be able to sell 640k?

Around the Network

The DS is just insane.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
leo-j said:
Wow, it hit 1 million in Others alone 0-0

outselling the psp by nearly 4:1 O-O

amazing Wii sales

Very good 360 sales

good ps3 sales

good Psp sales

PS3 sold 328k this time last year in others, that is bad PS3 sales

Stop being so mean to leo-j, one has to fail before one can appreciate success.

Higher the failure, sweeter the success.

kowenicki said:
SMcc1887 said:
colonelstubbs said:
So currently, sony consoles are outselling microsoft consoles for the week. Can we expect any 'oh my godz microsoft is doomedzzz' threads now then?

I dont think MS has ever outsold Sony if you include the PS2 which alot of people forget about

360 outsold PS3 plus PS2 two weeks ago.

What about PSP

kowenicki said:
SMcc1887 said:
kowenicki said:
SMcc1887 said:
colonelstubbs said:
So currently, sony consoles are outselling microsoft consoles for the week. Can we expect any 'oh my godz microsoft is doomedzzz' threads now then?

I dont think MS has ever outsold Sony if you include the PS2 which alot of people forget about

360 outsold PS3 plus PS2 two weeks ago.

What about PSP

what about it?... im talking about home consoles... Microsoft dont compete in the handheld market so its hardly fair to include it.

Oh, I thought we were talking about Microsoft and Sonys hardware sales, not home consoles sales.