By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's amazing how expectations can change. Four months ago, you would have been screamed out of this forum for suggesting that 360 would outsell PS3 during the holidays. This week, 360 outselling PS3 by 150k in Others alone is considered a success for PS3...

Everything sold well this week, which is to be expected because it's the holidays. The year on year graph (comparison to 2007) is probably the most interesting one to look at, IMO.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

What a comeback by 360 this fall/winter so far...

Started the year about 7 million ahead... By September the lead was cut to 5.5 million. Now the year is ending and 360 is going to take a net gain and move to probably about 7.75 million into 2009. It just goes to show that fall/Christmas is the only time of the year that really counts.

Looks like a lot of people who thought 360 would die in the 2008 because of GTA IV, LBP, MGS4, and Motorstorm 2 were just plain wrong.

DirtyP2002 said:
leo-j said:
Seems like PS3 will sell more than half a million units last week world wide...

20 million is in the bag before 2009.

600k my estimate for this week
600-800k the last week

I want software sales though for World wide, atleast Others, to see if LBP sales increased again.

Maybe selling 250k?

I can't believe you are still making predictions. Every single one failed so hard and you just keep on making them. Respect for that.

@topic this one will fail just as hard as all the others before. (well MAYBE due to adjustments, but I don't think you calculate with adjustments)

Actually, his one prediction was spot on, save for one week, PS3 did stay above 120k for 51/52 weeks this year.  Considering when the prediction was made, it was an awesome prediction.

DMeisterJ said:

I can't believe you are still making predictions. Every single one failed so hard and you just keep on making them. Respect for that.

@topic this one will fail just as hard as all the others before. (well MAYBE due to adjustments, but I don't think you calculate with adjustments)

DirtyP2002 said:
leo-j said:

600-800k the last week

I want software sales though for World wide, atleast Others, to see if LBP sales increased again.

Maybe selling 250k?

Actually, his one prediction was spot on, save for one week, PS3 did stay above 120k for 51/52 weeks this year.  Considering when the prediction was made, it was an awesome prediction.

DMJ -

Then care to elaborate, and defend Leo-J by explaining how, based on previous trends, that the PS3 can sell another 1.2 million consoles in 10 days when it barely sold 500,000 this week?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
DMeisterJ said:

DirtyP2002 said:
leo-j said:

600-800k the last week

Maybe selling 250k?

DMJ -

Then care to elaborate, and defend Leo-J by explaining how, based on previous trends, that the PS3 can sell another 1.2 million consoles in 10 days when it barely sold 500,000 this week?

He isn't protecting this prediction, but stating that he has made a good one before. That's two very different things.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
DirtyP2002 said:
leo-j said:

600-800k the last week

Maybe selling 250k?

actually 52/52 weeks would be spot on....but whatever...

18.83 with Japan numbers this week, another 500k from America's and Pal next week (I'm still debating whether it will go up or down, lots of people say sales will drop next week but 4 weeks after Black Friday is always the largest week.)

Thats 19.33 with 70k Japan tops

19.40 ... The PS3 comes nowhere near 20 mill LOL ...

SMcc1887 said:
Good PS3 numbers

4 ≈ One

Squilliam said:
Just updated, lulz.

2,500,000 Inbound?

thats a lot of sales. dayum.