By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Resident Evil 5 sales predictions?

I wanted to point out that the resident evil series isn't as big (sales wise) as many people think.

Think for yourself, question authority

Around the Network

Yeah probably now, not FF, GT or Halo big for sure.

I'd say 3M for all versions. It's RE guys, not FF or GT Oo

360: ~2.5 million
PS3: ~1.75 million

Americas - 360 will sell more copies
Japan - PS3 will sell more copies
Others - Will be neck and neck, can't call it

I kinda lost faith in this game after Capcom painted half of the zombies white, and even more after I've seen gameplay clips with that annoying chick side-kick.

Also, there seems to be less excitement on gaming sites which is strange since there is a demo out (the japanese).

I'm perdicting a score of rufly 87% on Gamerankings.

Lifetime RE5 will sell:
PS3: 1.9 million
X360: 2.4 million

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

I kinda lost faith in this game after Capcom painted half of the zombies white, and even more after I've seen gameplay clips with that annoying chick side-kick.

Also, there seems to be less excitement on gaming sites which is strange since there is a demo out (the japanese).

I'm perdicting a score of rufly 87% on Gamerankings.

Lifetime RE5 will sell:
PS3: 1.9 million
X360: 2.4 million

sounds about right

Now dont be silly here, the name will make this game 90% no matter how good the game is.

1.8 mln PS3 , and 2.6 mln 360.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

I looked them up and I believe re1 on PS1 has been the biggest at 5 mln, but 360/PS3 wouldnt be able to pull that off on such smaller userbase. Plus RE4 only did like 2.7 mln on PS2, and I dont think re5 will be as big as RE4.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

3 million for PS3
4 million for X360.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective