By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The legs of Heavenly Sword: How does it do it?

makingmusic476 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Amazon UK has it as a Platinum Hits title for 18 pounds. Could be other reason, but I'm not sure.

On Amazon.uk DMC4 for ps3 in 19 pounds and NGII is 25 pounds. Heavenly Sword went Platinum over the Summer, almost a year after release (Platinum titles were annoucned at E3) while these other games went to Platinum prices (if not fully Platinum) far earlier in their lifespans. Yet Heavenly Sword is still ahead, in both LTD and weekly sales.

And in NA, Heavenly Sword is still fully priced at $60, while DMC4 and NGII are both $40.

It's actually 51 bux on amazon right now. They managed to lower the price down to 20 several weeks ago which was the perfect price for me

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

What's so great about HS? What is the difference maker compared to your average hack'n'slash such as DMC4, Conan, Ninja Gaiden II or Too human?

DEVAL MAY CRY 4 IS ON 2 CONSOLES just to point that out it outsells heavenly sword every week

dolemit3 said:
makingmusic476 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Amazon UK has it as a Platinum Hits title for 18 pounds. Could be other reason, but I'm not sure.

On Amazon.uk DMC4 for ps3 in 19 pounds and NGII is 25 pounds. Heavenly Sword went Platinum over the Summer, almost a year after release (Platinum titles were annoucned at E3) while these other games went to Platinum prices (if not fully Platinum) far earlier in their lifespans. Yet Heavenly Sword is still ahead, in both LTD and weekly sales.

And in NA, Heavenly Sword is still fully priced at $60, while DMC4 and NGII are both $40.

It's actually 51 bux on amazon right now. They managed to lower the price down to 20 several weeks ago which was the perfect price for me

On Amazon US, all three games are on sale.  NGII is $27 and DMC4 is $35.

Gearbox said:
DEVAL MAY CRY 4 IS ON 2 CONSOLES just to point that out it outsells heavenly sword every week

That's not really a fair comparison.  And the ps3 version of DMC4 is the better selling version between the three.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
321tttrini4everz said:
great game...hope it reaches 3million ltd

@S.T.A.G.E.
no....Sony own this ip, not ninja thoery...so it is definitely possible to see a sequal soon

Good luck with that. If there is a sequel, Ninja Theory will not be supervising it. I highly doubt Sony will continue.

Thank you for your great input once again. I didn't know you worked for Sony or had great knowledge of behind the scenes on what Sony plans to do with the franchise. But your opinion has been noted,thanks. It's an appreciation thread on the games sales and legs.

How about this people? Heavenly Sword was the essential launch title for the PS3 and thats what gives it legs, especially at $29.99.

Blood_Tears said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
321tttrini4everz said:
great game...hope it reaches 3million ltd

@S.T.A.G.E.
no....Sony own this ip, not ninja thoery...so it is definitely possible to see a sequal soon

Good luck with that. If there is a sequel, Ninja Theory will not be supervising it. I highly doubt Sony will continue.

Thank you for your great input once again. I didn't know you worked for Sony or had great knowledge of behind the scenes on what Sony plans to do with the franchise. But your opinion has been noted,thanks. It's an appreciation thread on the games sales and legs.

He wasn't talking about it's legs. Take note of this.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
How about this people? Heavenly Sword was the essential launch title for the PS3 and thats what gives it legs, especially at $29.99.

Do you ever read threads?  It seems like you blindly post in most of the threads I see you in.  As stated in the OP, and in quite a few other posts, Heavenly Sword is still $59.99 in NA.

Also, it came out just before the 2007 holiday season.  It wasn't a launch title.

PDF said:
I think it sells well due to name recognition. It was one of those titles we heard all about. So I think when some one knew buys a ps3 and try to think of games Heavenly sword is one of those games they think of.

Im not saying it has a lot of name power. Its a new ip after all but its an exclusive and did get a good amount of attention. Its also a good game just short.

This may be the case.  Personally, I think many of the titles publishes by Sony benefit from this.  If Resistance hadn't been pivoted by Sony into the position of THE title to get at launch, it would've never came close to 3 million in sales.  It probably would've fallen well behind Call of Duty 3, which has the luxury of brand recognition, and Resistance 2 would probably be barely approaching 500k right now.