By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii apparently has outsold both console versions of GTA IV.

yet this game only got what? 75%?.

wich proves that rewievers these day don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Mario Kart Wii or Wii fit should have won game of the year in every magazine/internet site just beacuse of the "sells" these game have had.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Haha, I remember someone said that Nintendo were stupid to release Mario Kart so close to GTA4's release date

Don't start celebrating just yet. GTA IV is the Game of the Generation. Mario Kart Wii sold over a million on the Wii, so it is officially a Non-Game. Comparing their sales is therefore a comparison of apples and oranges. Ergo, GTA IV is still the best-selling game this generation.

noname2200 said:
Don't start celebrating just yet. GTA IV is the Game of the Generation. Mario Kart Wii sold over a million on the Wii, so it is officially a Non-Game. Comparing their sales is therefore a comparison of apples and oranges. Ergo, GTA IV is still the best-selling game this generation.

I see what you did there.

This also means Resident Evil 4 is no longer a game, and Umbella Chronicles is just some screensaver.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

noname2200 said:

Turn joke mode off :D

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

This is true and brilliant logic.  Mario Kart Wii does not compete with games since it isn't a game.  What further supports the fact that it is a non-game is the fact that the name Wii is in the title.  Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Down My Leg are all non-games.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Cougarman said:
GTA4 had the huge head start but Mario kart wii blue shelled the lead, truly mkwii is a freak of a game to do this.

Lol.

Excellent sales for an excellent game.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

amp316 said:
noname2200 said:

This is true and brilliant logic. Mario Kart Wii does not compete with games since it isn't a game. What further supports the fact that it is a non-game is the fact that the name Wii is in the title. Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Down My Leg are all non-games.

First fanboys had the idea to exclude Wii from this gen to have a way to fool themselfes to say that 360 was the most sold console this gen.

Now they exclude the games that have Wii in the name, claiming it is a non-game, to fool themselfes that the most sold games are on the HD consoles.

Thanks for making the whole gamming community laugh!!!! ;)

This woudn't be the same without people struggling for an excuse to justify the second place.

BoleroOfFire said:
Cougarman said:
GTA4 had the huge head start but Mario kart wii blue shelled the lead, truly mkwii is a freak of a game to do this.

Lol.

Excellent sales for an excellent game.  

Don't be silly and read the replies, MK:Wii is not a game. Sorry but not even a Nintendo fanboy like you can spin that.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

yay, gtaIV deserves to be passed by more games. lots of wii games will end up passing each version of gtaIV. heck mario & sonic is about to pass gtaIV! they're both at 6mil something.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy