By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 skyrockets up list at Amazon.com

Let's see how long it will happen.

Anyone remember how many dyas the PS3 was first at amazon.com ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I'm just glad Forza is selling well, if only on amazon.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Forza 2 is a pack-in with every Canadian Xbox 360 (I'm fairly sure of this) but I'm not sure if the site actually counts those sales.

amazon really isn't the best place to measure popularity.

Remember when the PS3 price cut sent it to the #1 spot, but it was still 1/3rd the Wii sales WW for the weeks to come?

Amazon has an extra $20 off the price. They are definitely the best place to get a 360, if you don't mind getting the non-HDMI version.

And also Legend, I think you have told me numerous times in the past that Amazon numbers don't matter. Change of heart?

Edit: I think this was really misunderstood in the thread, so I will shout it.  AMAZON HAS AN EXTRA $20 OFF THE REGULAR PRICE.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I think Legend making this thread wasn't to use it as proof of anything but to give Sony fans a taste of their own medicine. It is somewhat ironic that the people who tried to pump the PS3 Amazon phenomenon before are now so eager to point out what they refused to believed then now that it is a different console in the #1 spot. Ah, the politics of perception.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Sporticus said:
I think Legend making this thread wasn't to use it as proof of anything but to give Sony fans a taste of their own medicine. It is somewhat ironic that the people who tried to pump the PS3 Amazon phenomenon before are now so eager to point out what they refused to believed then now that it is a different console in the #1 spot. Ah, the politics of perception.

No, I completely agree with you.  But a few days ago, before Amazon knocked off the extra $20 and after the regular price drop, the Premium was only at 8 on the rankings with the Wii at 2 and the PS3 at 4.  This extra jump can almost entirely be attributed to the extra $20 off.

I am not trying to crap on the 360 selling better, because it without a doubt is.  I am just offering an explanation for it being #1 on Amazon.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Sporticus said:

No, I completely agree with you.  But a few days ago, before Amazon knocked off the extra $20 and after the regular price drop, the Premium was only at 8 on the rankings with the Wii at 2 and the PS3 at 4.  This extra jump can almost entirely be attributed to the extra $20 off.

I am not trying to crap on the 360 selling better, because it without a doubt is.  I am just offering an explanation for it being #1 on Amazon.

Ah I misunderstood then.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

It must have something to do with Amazon selling the X360 at just 329 instead of 349 dollars .Right now its the cheapest store to buy the machine .

yep amazon.com is great! best place to get used video games and books movies etc... and no i don't work there