By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii number exchange (ongoing)

My code is in my sig... feel free.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

staticneuron said: My code is in my sig... feel free.
btw: you have PSN mail. :P

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said: Wow. This amuses me. So many people either a) dont know how wii online works b) dare care about wii online.
i cant say for all people but i can only assume most of these "many people" buy a game console just for the gaming experience, not for dvd or online functionality.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Delusional said: Kwaad said: Wow. This amuses me. So many people either a) dont know how wii online works b) dare care about wii online. i cant say for all people but i can only assume most of these "many people" buy a game console just for the gaming experience, not for dvd or online functionality.
Really? I watch about 3 DVDs on my PS3 a week. And I have no way of renting BluRay... I did the same with my PS2, untill it stopped reading discs perfectly about 5 years into it's life. Then I bought me a Samsung DVD player that upsamples to 1080p. :P I tend to download stuff all the time for my PS3... And my PSP...

yea. i never use my ps2 to watch any dvds. movies i watch are at the theatre, and i rarely go, maybe less than 5 times a year. i rarely ever rent or buy dvds. i mostly have import anime dvds. i doubt they'll (import dvds'll) ever go bluray or hddvd in the next few years.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

LOL. Just get a player that supports upsampling. And make sure the video isnt compressed very hard, and you will have a BEAUTIFUL image on HD.

the most i have is a panasonic upconvert 720p/1080i. not as nice as i thought. yes, it's sharper and the color is nicer, but if the dvds are 480p, the pixilated picture is better if it's blurred. the reason i got it cuz it was 49.99. otherwise, i wouldn't even bother. actually, i'm completely satisfied with divx's/xvid's quality.

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Hmm. What TV are you watching it on? Because my 26inch Magnavox, and my 40inch Samsung... look 10x better when I use a upsampled feed. Alot more crisp, Alot more color depth. I dont get pixilated picture, unless the DVD is a high compression DVD.

i recently got the samsung 32" hdtv lcd (720p/1080i) for 799. :) i still feel that was a steal. again, otherwise i wouldnt buy it. i love great deals. btw, i was watching widescreen version of lord of the rings.

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Delusional said: i recently got the samsung 32" hdtv lcd (720p/1080i) for 799. :) i still feel that was a steal. again, otherwise i wouldnt buy it. i love great deals. btw, i was watching widescreen version of lord of the rings.
You my friend, Bought a killer TV. Your DVD player blows. I can tell you right now where the problem is if you can barely tell a difference. (not all upsampling DVD players are made equal. I paid 150$ for mine a few months ago. It was on sale.)