By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii number exchange (ongoing)

i mean i can tell the difference, just that i would prefer the jagged edges be blurred. i guess is a preference on graphics. it's ok, eventually i'll get the ps3 when price drops. no rush for me right now, still got long ways before ff13 versus comes out.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

Panasonic DVD-S52S I read up on it. It is bashed all over the net for horrible image quality. I'm just saying. If you had a expensive DVD player. (or a PS3) Your image would look alot better. :) EDIT: You say it would look better on a SDTV tube with the blurring. I have played with that TV you have in specific. I infact, played with one on the same sale I think you got yours on. :P The TV is extremely similar to mine. It is basically the best 32inch LCD on the market, besides the sony... with is trivially better. I promise you. The problem is your DVD player is outputting crappy image, and your TV is doing what the DVD player is telling it to do. Try hooking it up with component. If you can notice bad image quality with HDMI... It can look better with component, as it tends to 'blur' the image. EDIT: If I had a DVD in the room I was in, I would take a 10.2MP picture close enough to the TV where you could see each of my 1080p pixels :P and see that you shouldn't see blockyness. But all I have in here are my BluRays.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

for 50 bucks, can't complain. :) rarely use it anyways.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I'm just saying. Your 50$ purchase sucked :P Your 1000$ purchase rocked :P But hell, for 50$, it's worth a try. :P (I have about 3 50$ DVD players laying around) I have my Samsung player hooked up to my 26inch magnavox, and I run my 40inch samgsung off my PS3.

haha yea. i am using a $7 hdmi cable for that dvd player. i guess i'll go back to component then. :)

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Around the Network

Give it a try. If the DVD player has crappy digital video out, it will look crappy on the TV. The TV will not filter the image coming from HDMI. It will enhance colors, but not resolution. The Component might look better, because it would blur the image slightly, and the TV would upsample the video as well. I can promise you, that TV has a good upsampler in it :P (dont throw the HDMI cable away tho. There is NO difference in video quality from a 2$ HDMI cable to a 150$ HDMI cable)

TAG you're it. My wii # is below, I will accept any requests. You can see my fat mii. :) oh and I use my wii online features. A couple of times for internet , but I do look up the weather,news,voting, vc games, etc.

Ok guys - a couple more Wii codes added. Enjoy!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Just wanted to bump this thread. I haved added these people listed to my address book on my Wii. If anyone would like to do the same that would be nice. Want to get ready for online games within the next few months. Plus, I have a real lonely mii parade right now.

I have added truthsayer, kwaad, staticneuron, and shams. If anyone else adds their number here I will add them as well. 

superchunk said:

Just wanted to bump this thread. I haved added these people listed to my address book on my Wii. If anyone would like to do the same that would be nice. Want to get ready for online games within the next few months. Plus, I have a real lonely mii parade right now.

I have added truthsayer, kwaad, staticneuron, and shams. If anyone else adds their number here I will add them as well.

Sweet, I'll try to chat tonight. I think you are already added on my system.

PS... still waiting for Kwaad to add me.... :)

Anyone else want to be added to the list? We should have a few more people online with Wii's now around the board...

EDIT: you were not added, but are now... 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099