By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Xen said:
Kenny said:
^whatever Sony paid them, it obviously wasn't nearly enough.

They are to set the price, not Sony.

All right, let's suppose for this post that this was true.  What conclusion do you draw from it?

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Around the Network
Kenny said:
Xen said:
Kenny said:

All right, let's suppose for this post that this was true.  What conclusion do you draw from it?

That they are responsible for their downfall. First, not asking for enough. and 2nd, not delivering a good game.

frybread said:

Wow, right after Free Radical!  Quick, can anyone tell me what these two studio's last games had in common?

They both sucked arse?

tombi123 said:
frybread said:

Wow, right after Free Radical!  Quick, can anyone tell me what these two studio's last games had in common?

They both sucked arse?

their last games are PS3 exclusive games.

jedson328 said:
frybread said:
Each studio's final game was a PS3 exclusive.

I dont care what you are implying, the quality of the final product had no relation to it being a PS3 exclusive.  Those games were awful, and would have done poorly on all 3 consoles.

I don't necessarily agree with the post you quoted, but the difference is that the development costs (and hence money loss) was higher than if it were a 360 exclusive, and moreso if it were a wii exclusive

And I believe frybread was simply answering the question "what do the two studios have in common?".. the only other thing I can think of is that they have both only released one game this gen (each of which, as pointed out by frybread were PS3 exclusives)

Around the Network
jedson328 said:
frybread said:
Each studio's final game was a PS3 exclusive.

I dont care what you are implying, the quality of the final product had no relation to it being a PS3 exclusive.  Those games were awful, and would have done poorly on all 3 consoles.

Difference is, last generation it wouldn't have cost so much money to make the game.

wont nintendo bail them out seeing as they were making a game for them?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Dammit. We adanced too far too soon. The technology was there, but we couldn't effectively use it yet! The HD consoles shall be the end of all things!!

woopah said:
wont nintendo bail them out seeing as they were making a game for them?

Not likely.  Nintendo's motto is: If you purchase a studio, it doesn't mean you get the good people to go along with it, you just purchase the name.  So they might buy the code and farm in someone else to finish the game if it was good or they'll just drop it and walk away.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Xen said:
Kenny said:
Xen said:
Kenny said:

That they are responsible for their downfall. First, not asking for enough. and 2nd, not delivering a good game.

While I can't speak to the first one (as they don't seem to be the only ones to have drastically underestimated the cost of game development this generation), we can agree on the second point.  Plus, I'd also add "abandoning Nintendo this generation" to that list :P  I bet Eggebrecht is kicking himself for that decision now.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition