By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah, this is quite sad..and also kinda scary. What this illustrates is the broken business model of HD development at this point in time. Smaller devs are just one HD flop away from going belly up. Both Factor 5 and Free Radical had some talented folks working for them, I hope they find another company to contribute too.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :(

I wanted

Rogue Squadron IV
and Time Splitters 4

it is a shame, cause I relaly wnated to see what they could do on the Wii, considering the effcts they did on the gamecube.

ATM we arn't 100% sure if they are finished or not. Lets hope someone gets them out of this mess.

i wonder what their wii game was going to be?

Hmm while people losing job is always sad have they ever made any good games ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Floptor 5

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

I hope someone buys the company, IPs, and teams of Factor 5. Me and ioi were talking, I was thinking of how the Factor 5 devs were some of the best with Nintendo tech, and if you paired them with retro studios and their amazing art and design, they could create some amazing things.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

If they were developing Kid Icarus and they are now out of business. Maybe Nintendo didn't like what they saw from Factor 5 and pulled out. This is a good possibility as well.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I think what were seeing with Factor 5 and Free Radical is a combination of losses from their failed HD games coupled with banks getting stingy with loans. Business can no longer expect to survive on credit alone. And that means they need to minimize risk (or do like HVS, don't make a risky game until you can fully cover costs with relieved profits).

I think someone might pick up Free Radical's Timesplitters, I hope.

As for Factor 5, it's be great if Nintendo bought them out.

There has never been a better time for Nintendo to buy out some solid western developers with all the money their making and the strength of the yen vs US dollar, plus with great developers folding. It's like Boxing Day (or Black Friday) sale for developers for them.

We'll miss you, Factor 5...

Next up -> Insomniac