By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Now Is The Time To Buy a 360

Ari_Gold said:
i just bought a 360 on amazon

Cool, I am very tempted to...  But I can't bring myself to do it.  Check out my list of Great bargain bin games.  I have played most of them, they are worth the money if that type of game is what you are into.  I haven't played DOAX2 or Project Sylpheed at all.  The rest I have played for <2hours (friends house) except Battlefield 2, Burnout Rev., Dead Rising, Fight Night, and Godfather(on Wii though) I have played more and liked.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Now is the best time to get the worst 360 ever made. It is has just had a price cut, so when you get the red ring of death you wont be quite as pissed as if you would have spent that extra 50 bucks. It does not have HDMI so you will not get the most out of your HDTV if you have or plan on getting one, then you can be pissed because you paid 350 for a system that the company knew would die on you and you did not get the HDMI that the new buyers are getting for the same price.

Really right know is the time you want people to go get a 360? A 360 purchase today is the same as a PS3 purchase tommorow. A good portion of the people that buy a bad piece of hardware and find out they got screwed twice by MS are more than likly to try and get their money back and get a PS3 with it instead. The best time to get a 360 is once all the new 65nm ones with HDMI are out. If anything this is the worst time to get a 360 over its whole lifetime.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29, if people look for the Premiums with HDMI they know they're getting the new cooling system. Also in case you missed it the major reason for people to pick up the 360 is games. Simply put there are some pretty incredible games coming out and ones already out that aren't available on the other two consoles.

Games like Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Two Worlds, Lost Odyssey, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition make the 360 a good choice for rpg fans.

First person shooters like Bioshock, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, F.E.A.R. Files, Clive Barker's Jericho, Timeshift, Blacksite: Area 51, it's a great system for FPS fans.

Action games like Stranglehold, Army of Two, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Mercenaries 2, Assassin's Creed, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Ace Combat 6, Beowulf, action fan are well covered.

I could keep going on with other genres and games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3, Madden NFL 08 (only version with 60fps), MotoGP 07, World in Conflict, Virtua Fighter 5 online, Project Gotham Racing 4, etc... And they're ALL coming this year plus many more games not mentioned.

People talking about the PS3 and next year, well that's great if you can time travel and enjoy those games soon but for the here and now the 360 has a great lineup of existing games (that I never even mentioned) plus all those great ones (and many more) coming this Fall/Winter.  

And 2008...  GTA IV, Banjo Kazooie 3, Alan Wake, Fable 2, GTA IV: Episodes 1 & 2, Resident Evil 5, Fracture, Too Human, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Soul Calibur 4, The Scourge Project, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Rage, Prototype, The Last Remnant, and many more fantastic titles.  The 360's future  is looking very good (remember that no Resident Evil ever appeared on the Xbox before, the same with many other series coming to the 360). 

yeah and HDMI is not needed for a full HD experience.... and it's myth that it's absolutely better.... than analog....
here is some documentation
http://ezinearticles.com/?HDMI-or-Component:-Which-is-Best?&id=27909
http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/hdmi-cable.html
me I keep my component (video) + toss link (audio) combo for now.... there is absolutely no difference for my gaming experience.... and I still have a better sound.... now for HD DVD or BR it's another story but we don't have to have our HD DVD format on our console US lol

HDMI will be superseded by DisplayPort: When Dell, HP, Lenovo, AMD (+ATI), Intel and NVIDIA support something, it will become the standard.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

it still doesn't make it better..... like the VHS beta cam war... VHS became the standard suported by all... beta cam was better....
but my point was more that you don't need HDMI to have a quality HD experience in video game.... HDMI will be the standard because they can use anti piracy system that's the main reason....

An awful lot of 360 owners (myself included) didn't have an original Xbox. The Backward Compatible list continues to get updated and pretty much everything I want is now on there. There are some amazing bargain bin games on the original xbox at Gamestop for less than 10 bucks...

The hardware concern wasn't enough to keep from trying out an amazing library of games.

As the OP's title states -- At 329 plus free shipping for a premium, now's the time to jump in... Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata.... and so on....

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

"These new models are the Falcon models"

NOPE, they are not.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-58668.aspx

I have sold my X360. I will wait till 2009 before I buy again one.

lol Hus we know :)