By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Now Is The Time To Buy a 360

MontanaHatchet said:
The thread you copied off of was far more convincing. This just sounded like a bunch of blabber.

Actually this sounds like actual reasons instead of that ridiculous article.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Around the Network

Reasons to NOT buy the Xbox 360: you are a middle-aged Japanese housewife.

Reasons to buy the Xbox 360:

mrstickball said: the X360 has more highly-ranked games (80%+) than both the Wii and PS3 combined, and doubled.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

There are lots of games for 360, a bunch of good ones used or new for $39.99 too!

(See, not a Nintendo fanboy, I came in here and added to the Xbox thread.)

Crackdown $39.99
Project Sylpheed $39.99
DDR $39.99
DOAX2 $29.99
Saints Row $29.99
Battlefield 2 $29.99
Burnout Rev. $29.99
DOA4 $29.99
Dead Risin $29.99
Fear $29.99
SC:Double Agent $29.99
Fight Night R3 $29.99
Viva Pinata $29.99
Godfather $29.99

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

sinha said:

Reasons to NOT buy the Xbox 360: you are a middle-aged Japanese housewife.

Reasons to buy the Xbox 360:

mrstickball said: the X360 has more highly-ranked games (80%+) than both the Wii and PS3 combined, and doubled.

lol picturing the middle-aged Japanese housewife made me crack a good laugh.... especially if you imagine her playing WII fit lol.... 

you forgot the price and not pushing on you a HD dvd player... especially if you have a braodband connection a PC with a lot of storage room and bittorrent lol :P.... for me either BR or HD dvd is useless :) 

I'd love to get one after the price drop. Me and my Brother will proibobly split it.

Around the Network

Having the most games which are a year or so old, and thus cheaper wether you buy them new or used, is definitely a big plus. Good to see the more reliable hardware is coming out too.

Still don't have the money to get one, but I'm definitely more interested in borrowing my friend's Xbox 360 every day. =P

I'm sorry, but at this point I do NOT trust Microsoft. I want evidence - cold, hard, objective evidence - that Microsoft has fixed RRoD, that their drives won't scratch the hell out of my DVDs, that the 5%-30% failure rate is no longer an issue, and that there aren't any other lurking problems in the hardware. I need evidence. Not hype, not rumors, not marketing, not endless promises. This isn't to bash Microsoft - if Sony or Nintendo issued such lousy hardware, I'd avoid buying from them, too. If Microsoft can show me they've fixed the problem, I'll be glad to buy their system. But not until then.

buy a 360 4 bioshock cod 4 madden bluedragon mercenaries 2 halo 3 gta 4 mass effect kepp going ok assassins creed rock band gh 3 strangle hold pgr4

uhh the current HDMI 360s ARE NOT 65nm or are they?
I'm not even going to consider buying a 90nm 360.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

i just bought a 360 on amazon