By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why Now Is The Time To Buy a 360

First off.. Who should buy a 360?

Someone who is looking for a new console, that is tired of having his/her mom or sister kick them off the Wii to play Mario, and that owns or plans on purchasing a HD TV in the near future.

This person is someone who is looking for a console with A/V, VGA, and/or HDMI connections, looking for RPG's, JRPG's, Racing Sims, Flight Sims, FPS, Adventure/Action. Someone looking for a reliable console with excellent customer service in case of problems, who prefers to play in cheat/hacker free environment, and possibly looking for an affordable console that gives you options to upgrade when ever you can.

If you partially fit this profile then read on.. everyone else can bugger off.. PS3 fanboys can go fold or something

Why now??

Three reasons 

#1 New 360 are rolling unto shelves has I type.. these new 360's have a sticker on them that states they now include HDMI connections. These new models are the Falcon models, they include a quieter drive and have the 65 nm chip. The RRoD should be fixed, Microsoft has been testing out this model since January, and the unit must be working to spec since they're releasing it. ( I think they finally figured out that they need to quality test their products before selling them. Way to go MS... you finally learned something about producing hardware!!)

Make sure if you buy a 360 that it has the HDMI sticker on it!! HDMI = Falcon = Reliable = Quieter Drive

#2 Games, Games, Games... it doesn't matter what type of games you prefer, the 360 has every category covered. It's been stated multiple times that the 360 Holiday lineup is the strongest in video game history. It's online service is good (could be better!!), and the fact that it regularly bans people who cheat is awesome (I absolutly hate cheaters), gone are the days of aimbots!! 

#3 Recent Price Drop - Their will be more price drops in the future... more then likely in a year. So you could deprieve yourself of a year of gaming and wait till it drops another $50 or you could join the fun this holiday.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Games! Period. That's all you need to know.... so many games... so little time (and money, lol)

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

O.o so many games is right, ima be broke before the end of this year

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Or, you could just wait until the Premiums with HDMI and for sure new chipsets are in stores...that is what I would do. Less RROD the better.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

You know when I will buy a Xbox 360? When actual 65nm models are in stores. That day, f' yeah.

Around the Network

Yes, it's not a system to buy if you don't like video games.

Expecially good ones - the X360 has more highly-ranked games (80%+) than both the Wii and PS3 combined, and doubled.

There are tons of great console exclusives for most every genre coming our out this year:

JRPGs (Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Kingdom Under Fire)
Western RPGs (Mass Effect, Two Worlds)
Shooters (Halo 3, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead)
Fighters (DOA4, various XBLA games)
Racing Games (Forza Motorsports 2, PGR 4, Dirt)
Family Games (Viva Pinata)
Action/Adventure (Dead Rising, Kameo)
Real-Time Strategy (LOTR: BFME 2, C&C 3, Halo Wars, Universe @ War, Tom Clancy's Endwar)

And outside of L4D, everything is out by the end of the year. Most people want to pidgeonhole the X360 as a shooter box - it's more of a "everything that's good" box. No system really has the great lineup of any of those genres. The only weakness is platformers, but Rare is in the process of fixing that.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

The thread you copied off of was far more convincing. This just sounded like a bunch of blabber.

mrstickball said:
Yes, it's not a system to buy if you don't like video games.

Expecially good ones - the X360 has more highly-ranked games (80%+) than both the Wii and PS3 combined, and doubled.

There are tons of great console exclusives for most every genre coming our out this year:

JRPGs (Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Kingdom Under Fire)
Western RPGs (Mass Effect, Two Worlds)
Shooters (Halo 3, Bioshock, Left 4 Dead)
Fighters (DOA4, various XBLA games)
Racing Games (Forza Motorsports 2, PGR 4, Dirt)
Family Games (Viva Pinata)
Action/Adventure (Dead Rising, Kameo)
Real-Time Strategy (LOTR: BFME 2, C&C 3, Halo Wars, Universe @ War, Tom Clancy's Endwar)

And outside of L4D, everything is out by the end of the year. Most people want to pidgeonhole the X360 as a shooter box - it's more of a "everything that's good" box. No system really has the great lineup of any of those genres. The only weakness is platformers, but Rare is in the process of fixing that.
The 360 does have a number of great games. The problem mostly lies with the audience that owns the system. Shooters & sports games sell fantasticly while many other really don't move many sales. They'll also have a new Katamari game which I imagine will sell much better on the Wii version (while motion control does help, I still think this would have happened had it been GC vs Xbox). The 360 hasn't captured the attention of casual players so games like Viva Pinata are ridiculed so that people don't want to be caught dead with it in their library should their friends see it. Meanwhile, it'll sell a minimum of 500k on the DS.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

We´ll buy one at Christmas is that enough?

I´m still waiting for a Price drop in europe you know... but as soon as that happens together with falcon, Halo 3 and Christmas time I´ll rush into the next store and buy one for sure.

fazz said:
You know when I will buy a Xbox 360? When actual 65nm models are in stores. That day, f' yeah.

There are a few posts/pictures floating around with Premiums that are with HDMI... I highly suspect they are falcon units... Your wait may not be long. As soon as someone figures out how to confirm via the serial number, or something else, you are set. Maybe a couple of weeks....

Oh, and Fazz, I updated my gallery just for you. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.