By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do some people really still think that Little Big Planet didnt sell well?

its sold  0.52mill in america in 7 weeks, 0.62m in others in 6 weeks, and 90k in japan in 7 weeks (not so good in japan but still), and a total of 1.23 million in less than 7 weeks around the world...

thats heaps good sales for a new ip, just because its not going to reach the hyped up sales expectations of like 7 mill, its still sold heaps well i rekon

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Around the Network

It isn't on par with the marketing measures for the game, it is good otherwise. Also I wonder how much of others this week was bundles only.

s-grandi93 said:

its sold  0.52mill in america in 7 weeks, 0.62m in others in 6 weeks, and 90k in japan in 7 weeks (not so good in japan but still), and a total of 1.23 million in less than 7 weeks around the world...

thats heaps good sales for a new ip, just because its not going to reach the hyped up sales expectations of like 7 mill, its still sold heaps well i rekon

for the endless "LBP will be Huge" threads and sig's and the way Sony claimed the new mascot, and the way Sony claimed it to be a system seller...

It didn't sell well.

For a New IP it sold Great.

Also there are about 4-5 other threads about this same topic...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
s-grandi93 said:

for the endless "LBP will be Huge" threads and sig's and the way Sony claimed the new mascot, and the way Sony claimed it to be a system seller...

It didn't sell well.

For a New IP it sold Great.

Also there are about 4-5 other threads about this same topic...

The sales aren't bad at all, but if you judged it based on the level of marketing and promotions Sony put on for this game, it's not exactly delivering. This would have been money better spent on Resistance since LBP doesn't seem to have as much selling potential as Sony thought it did.

The best part is that it's sold enough to maintain an active community of content, which is what's most important.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I don't think anyone would disagree that the game did not launch very well even when grouping week 0 and 1 together as launch sales. It was about average to slightly below average based on the marketing efforts. It was always expected to have relatively decent, long legs which may be at work now.  This may be a game that expands over time once there is more review material and anecdotal gameplay experience exposure.  7/10 people don't know wtf the game is let alone understand the purposeof the game.  So bad? no, average and subpar per hype.  Growth/legs bad?  looks good to me.

For what it was it sold well ... Some people were making claims that Little Big Planet would be one of the biggest selling games of this year though.

HappySqurriel said:

For what it was it sold well ... Some people were making claims that Little Big Planet would be one of the biggest selling games of this year though.

What's funny is the same people saying this game would go on to sell 5-10 million and have over 1 million week one will be the same ones coming into this topic saying it did well for a new IP and calling everyone a troll for being negative.

Note: No one in this thread thus far are any of these people, so don't worry.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I hope it sells 5 million copies when its all set and done.

My original prediction was 3 million before years end, that isnt happening =/

mM

Bundle.

This word says everything.
Nothing to be proud of.

My Gaming Setup