By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boogie gets 3rd review...

Games Radar gave it a 70%.  They're listed on Metacritic but not on GameRankings but comparing their previous review scores of Wii games to the averages on GameRankings it's likely that the game will end up with an average somewhere in the 65-75% range on GameRankings.

source: http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/game/reviews/article.jsp?articleId=20070731132759629013§ionId=1000

Around the Network

65-75% seems very high considering all that has been said about this game. All the hate and such.

I don't really care about this one, but I just wanted to comment that :P

Well that's a lot closer to 8 than it is to 3. It's going to be a lot of fun watching the reviews as they come in on this one.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

But remember, 1UP isn't biased against the Wii. That's just a fabrication.

Not going to buy it myself, but this little topic has proved itself illuminating.

The fact that IGN/Gamespot haven't reviewed it yet means a couple of things:

1) It's probably a bad game. 5-7 range.
2) EA knows it's a bad game, and is leveraging the big reviewers to hold off on reviewing it until they can steal some initial launch hype sales, possibly by not giving out a review copy until after launch. Other places are probably reviewing an earlier near-final build in retaliation.

Around the Network

I'll have this in through Gamefly soon and I'll post impressions myself.

I've just played too many games where critics clearly had their heads up their asses for me to believe them anymore.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Smash_Brother said:

I've just played too many games where critics clearly had their heads up their asses for me to believe them anymore.

Sorry to go off-topic, but how are their delivery times?

Desroko said:
Smash_Brother said:

Sorry to go off-topic, but how are their delivery times?

It's pretty good.  Send a game back in the mail, and you'll have your next game within 2-3 days.

Go to Brightspot.tv and they knock off $10 per month for Gamefly too...so it's definitely worth it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I didn't have a lots of expectations about this game, but I also didn't think that this game was going to be so bad. Another EA disappointment.

If the game gets an average in the 70% range I would say that the game is probably pretty good for what it is ...