By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Boogie gets 3rd review...

Do any of you really expect high reviews? It isn't really designed with hardcore gamer/reviewers in mind.

Nice find legend. :)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
Desroko said:
Smash_Brother said:
I'll have this in through Gamefly soon and I'll post impressions myself.

I've just played too many games where critics clearly had their heads up their asses for me to believe them anymore.

Sorry to go off-topic, but how are their delivery times?

It depends on where you live, I've found.

They deliver the games very quickly to my parent's house in the boondocks but take a week to deliver it to me to my house in an urban area, strangely enough.

I highly recommend them, though. I've paid $220 for a whole year of service, which works out to $18.30 a month to try games I'd want to test. If I rent 3 games a month from Blockbuster, that's $18 anyway.

Not to solicit, but if you want to use it, I can refer you. ;)

http://friends.GameFly.com/r/1c6d48d498e6102a919d 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Thats actually much better than I expected. I would still guess a 5/10 from gamespot and IGN.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

so will gamefly give you a microphone to go with Boogie too? That's pretty cool if they do.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

IGN list 6 ratings from other companies:

GameSpy.com 08/10/07........3/5 (original rating) - 6.0 (adjusted out of 10)
Game Informer 08/10/07......... 7.75/10 - 7.8
GamesRadar [UK] 08/10/07........ 70/100 - 7.0
Nintendo Official Magazine [UK] 08/08/07........... 81/100 8.1
GamePro 08/07/07........... 4/5 - 8.0
1UP.com 08/07/07........... 3/10 - 3.0

Average 5.7

1UP reviewer was obviously someone that truly hates this kind of game.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
so will gamefly give you a microphone to go with Boogie too? That's pretty cool if they do.

Sadly, no.

They ship the games in small envelopes but that's all. No instructions.

I do it for the turnover rates, though. There are some games I've gotten through them which I would have hated to have even paid to RENT through Blockbuster.

Plus, I'd always buy single player games which I'd play through once and never touch again, which is why GF is so awesome for me. I figure I've spent $1k-2k on GC games in the past, even though I only played through half of them once after paying $50 for them.

Now that I'm living on my own, I need to save $$$ and GF helps with that. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Gamepro gave it a 80%
1up gave it a 30%
Now, Games Radar gave it a 70%

A 7/10 doesn't mean the game is bad. It means it's better than average. With average being 50%. I hope this game sells at least 100k.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Reviewers a a bit biased towards the Wii so it's probobly better (depending on the site). S&tSR got average reviews and it was still liked (from Sonic fans mostly, less crap, still fun) and Mario Party was reviewed terrible, but was actually pretty fun. With the Wii, it's better to trust average Joes verses the critics.

Game Reviewers biased against a Nintendo console? Never!

Gamespot gives it a 5.5 http://www.gamespot.com/wii/puzzle/boogie/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;reviews

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA