By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - World of Goo is now on PAL Wiiware!

TWRoO said:
@Shams... aren't they priced similar to XBL titles? Megaman 9 was the same if I remember correctly. (800 MS points = 1000 Wii points)

I think your second idea would be complex, but nice addition.

Something I would like to see is the ability for titles to become cheaper over time, so if something isn't selling so well anymore (Toki Tori) knock it down to 500 points to get some extra sales.

Why don't they do it? maybe because new games get a smaller chance at making profit

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
TWRoO said:
@Shams... aren't they priced similar to XBL titles? Megaman 9 was the same if I remember correctly. (800 MS points = 1000 Wii points)

Something I would like to see is the ability for titles to become cheaper over time, so if something isn't selling so well anymore (Toki Tori) knock it down to 500 points to get some extra sales.

Why don't they do it? maybe because new games get a smaller chance at making profit

If they can do it with retail games they can do it online.... I'm not talking about the month after it releases, more like a year down the line or something.

TWRoO said:
kirby007 said:
TWRoO said:

If they can do it with retail games they can do it online.... I'm not talking about the month after it releases, more like a year down the line or something.

They probably will in time, but WiiWare is not even a year old. And I think they want all games to be equal competition. Online you don't really fight for shelve space, so there's no need to lower the price.

Well the Virtual Console has been out more than 1 year, although I think Nintendo controls much of that and they don't like lowering prices (why should they, people are still willing to buy Pikmin2 for £30 FFS!).

yays, now you guys get to experience a masterpiece, and just in time for christmas!

hoora!

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Around the Network
shams said:
$20AU? Sorry, I'll pass. I don't know why, but most of the WiiWare titles seem very overpriced to me. I really want some titles around the 200-300pts, with premium games pricing around 800-1000 - not 1500.

They *really* need a demo system as well - or something that lets you download, play for a while - then pay if you want the rest.

I got this on Friday and man, it's superb. Seriously, don't dismiss it based on the price. It's got hours of play in it. I've already done 3 hours on Chapter one alone. I think it's great value. Now I've played it I would have paid more for it.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

has any one been able to download and check if the pal WiiWare version has the extra content TWRoO was refering to?

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

shams said:
They *really* need a demo system as well - or something that lets you download, play for a while - then pay if you want the rest.

World of Goo has a demo and it has been talked about on VGChartz several times (even by me).  However, the demo is on PC.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

You guys should buy it, seems to be an amazing game.

mM

I was going to get it today by converting some more stars to Wii points but for the secret Santa I've had to change my console settings to another country which unlinks your console with your stars account and therefore means you cannot get the Wii points.

So, I'm waiting for my secret santa to add me to his Wii console so I can send him his game before I can get World of Goo.