By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Broken Sword: Directors cut for Wii & DS. Everyone should be hyped!

After Shaun White Snowboarding and the announcement of a TMNT game made by Brawl and Team Ninja developers, Ubisoft once again takes good care of Wii owners!

Broken Sword: Directors Cut will be released on Wii and DS in Q1 2009. This will be a remake of the original. For those who don't know: Broken Sword is one of the (if not the) best Point & Click/Graphic Adventures ever. It can easily compete with LucaArts best adventure classics.

Day 1!

Around the Network

The floodgate is crumbling...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=53552&page=1 Personally i may have to get a wii for Broken sword

I never did play Broken Sword, but was interested in what I saw. Looks like a point and click adventure? Is it something similar to Gabriel Knight?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

The Broken Sword games for handhelds were pretty awful. This will probably be the same game on a bigger screen so I have no good expectations for it.

Around the Network

Broken sword 1 and 2 are my favourites Point and Click games. I'm buying a DS for my father this Christmas, he enjoyed watching me play this game on the PSone, so I'll probably get this one for him (and for me, I've always wanted to play that game one again)

I'm confident that this game will A: Be awesome and B: Sell like crap.

A remake of an old point and click just won't find a decent audience. Of course the audience it does find will absolutely love it though.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Is it really that good?

Like, good enough to buy? My girlfriend loves point and click adventures, so...

Ah... Broken Sword, I kept getting this game mixed up with Golden Sun, and assumed when people mentioned Golden Sun it was this game.

I played one of them on the PC ages ago, I found it very dull at the time but that could have been because I had no idea what was going on. Or perhaps it's just not my thing

Khuutra said:
Is it really that good?

Like, good enough to buy? My girlfriend loves point and click adventures, so...

as I said, it's the best point and click I've played and it will be a pleasure to play it again. So, "must have" for me. Unless the port is crappy, I'll check some reviews