By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I witnessed a very sad event today :(

ssj12 said:
DTG said:
Is crap really a cuss word in the US?
no but it is considered disrespectful

Yes it's a cuss word but very light.  I wouldn't think twice about it in most situations (anything not highly formal) but it's a very poor choice for a person introducing himself to a conversation between strangers.

I think that their "and who the hell are you?" response isn't out of line considering how he barged into their discussion by practically ORDERING them not to buy the game.  "Don't buy that piece of crap!" 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

LMAO look in ur face of emberrasment priceless HUH... LoL :)

LMAO look in ur face of emberrasment priceless HUH... LoL :)

thanny said:

Today at JB HiFi, i was looking around the games, deciding whether or not to buy DeBlob, when i saw two woman in their 30's talking over several games. In their hands were carnival games, SSBB, and mario & sonic at the olympics. They seemed to be in a debate over which one to buy. At this point, one of them said "it says here this one has over 25 games! that will last for ages!" (obviously pointing at carnival games). The other one said "Yeah you are probably right" and so they put down the other two games. I jumped in with "that game is crap". They then looked at me for half a second as if i was being rude or something, then walked off to the counter.

It is now quite clear to me now how this game has sold amazingly. I hope it wasnt a christmas present or someone will be disappointed.

Next time, try having a little tact in your approach.