By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The reason LBP fails...

Rainbird said:
Oh come off it.
This looks awesome, and we could infact not have built the following:
Paintgun, costumes, gadgets and danger elements

I'm sorry, but you sound brainwashed by capitalism. A company trying to make a profit beyond anything that affords a basic level of lifestyle is immoral. When there are billions of people in poverty, no single company should be trying to make a profit for themselves eyond anything that allows them to put a roof above their head and feed their kids.

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Im sick of this micro transaction shit. I buy a game(I dont own LBP) at full $60 price and then they nickel and dime you so that you are paying near $100 by the time things are said and done.

You guys have no idea how much the Gears map pack pissed me off......I buy a game and a month and a half later they say you have to pay $10 more to have the complete game.

I know they arent forcing me to pay for these things but to own the definitive version of the game you have to own them.

I fully agree with you. People are all about "DLC ZOMG TEH AWESOME!!!" When most of this "DLC" whould have come out with the effing game, not a month or two after it was released. That or a year later in a huge expansion-pack sort of deal, because most of DLC, even when it's all accumulated, doesn't even feel like half an expansion yet you still waste so much money on it.

Also, paying for maps and little gadgets? WTF? I get that stuff for free on my PC games from the community, the companies are too busy creating REAL content worthy of payment. Seems like the console companies are just trying to milk their csotumers for all their worth.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

there is no reason to name the thread like that, the game is getting better and better you are just a throll

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

CDiablo said:
Im sick of this micro transaction shit. I buy a game(I dont own LBP) at full $60 price and then they nickel and dime you so that you are paying near $100 by the time things are said and done.

I know they arent forcing me to pay for these things but to own the definitive version of the game you have to own them.

I agree with what you're saying. I like extra content for great games but for people who bought the game new there should ideally be no additional costs. No need to pay for online play, and no need to pay for extra content.

I've bought the warhawk expansions and content from other devs (like the PJM expansion) just because the DLC is largely excellent, inexpensive relative to the enjoyment i get out of it, and i support the games they've made and want to see their continued success. I am getting the MGS LBP pack, but from a gameshare group it'll only be $3 for all the content. I wish we could go back to the model where all the content was in the game and you had to be a great player to unlock it all, rather than offering less upfront and nickel and diming the customer for additions that should be included in the price of a new game, but that seems like a fairy tale for console DLC at this point. For something like the MGS LBP pack, i don't there would be a resonable way to sell this with the full game, considering the cost of licencisng the MGS name.

At the same time, I *rarely* pay $60 for a new game so a little extra paid content here and there is no big deal. If there are people here who payed $50-60 for every game in their collection then I most certainly see how they feel nickel and dimed.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Reasonable, For the win.

Around the Network
DTG said:
Rainbird said:
Oh come off it.
This looks awesome, and we could infact not have built the following:
Paintgun, costumes, gadgets and danger elements

I'm sorry, but you sound brainwashed by capitalism. A company trying to make a profit beyond anything that affords a basic level of lifestyle is immoral. When there are billions of people in poverty, no single company should be trying to make a profit for themselves eyond anything that allows them to put a roof above their head and feed their kids.

Isn't that anti-capitalist sentiment?  I'm not talking about which economic system is better, but what you ask of companies can never happen under capitalism, nor should it.  No one can make more money than that which will afford you shelter and other basic amenities to sustain life?  Isn't that kinda communist?  Again not debating which is better, but you can't expect that to happen under current conditions.  If I had a business I wouldn't try for the bare minimum.  You can make large profits without screwing people, that's the best route, no?  And again, if you don't enjoy the extra content, don't buy it.  The game is still incredibly rich within the core gameplay and all the FREE DLC, which is quite a good amount compared to the non-free DLC.

So you're jealous media molecule can sell their awesome creations for money, while you sell ur levels for hearts, i think they created the game so you should let them create more content.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Aswell if you think of it that way the game should have been twentety bucks and the creator curator's put their levels online for free, makes perfect sense.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

cool.. looks like this will be the first little big planet dlc i'll buy :p

Check out my game about moles ^

LBP does'nt fail at all. LBP is an awesome game. And the Metal Gear Solid DLC will be the best fiver I'll spend in 08.