By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games on smash 2008 "Game of the Year" award goes to ...

Yeah, go wii fit! This proves that the site is not just hardcore-fanboys, after all the wii goty went to wii fit!

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
^^have you played burnout paradise?if you have you would know why it won the award ,,,especially when you consider the free updates the dev adds to the game constantly (which are huge DLCs for free)

I have no dispute with the winner, it has the critical scores if not the sales to support it. Besides, I don't really expect them to vote for a Wii game to win, no matter what. Their heads would explode.

But to not even nominate MK Wii when it critically outscored other nominees and out sold and had a higher attach rate than any of them it can only mean one of two things:

1.    There is a criteria for being worthy of nomination that I have failed to consider, cover art perhaps.

2.    Or this is an organization of petty minded, mean spirited game snobs masquerading as a serious gaming site.

I can only believe that it and many other sites are exactly that and having found their subtler sniping and ridicule is having no effect and the Casual heretics and their devil’s spawn platforms are just picking up speed, they have taken the gloves off and abandoned their last pretense at objectivity.

Fair enough, I can play. I’ll quit pretending that a slightly sharper TV is just the most exciting thing ever – yeah right, almost as sharp as the PC that I played COD1 on.

I’ll no longer politely sit there quietly while some GED reject waxes poetic about GTA as great literature without screaming “you ever even been in a library, you clueless twit?”

Nor will I ever again draw blood biting my cheek trying to keep from laughing hysterically at some putz explaining why having a friend call you on a virtual cell phone in the middle of a game, shows great creative thinking.

Nor be told how if God hadn’t meant for us to use a six axis, he wouldn’t have given us thumbs.

Or apologize that I once actually played a video game with my 93 year old mother.

Or be a secret closet Wii Sport player.

They want war, bring it on!  So no, I don’t really care whether or not Sony pulls their arrogant head out of their ass and manages by some miracle to turn it around. And no, I don’t care if Microsoft has actually fixed RROD because even if they have they’ll find some other way to f**k up the system. They always have. I don’t really care if they both go broke trying to undercut a system that costs half as much to build and end up in bankruptcy court sharing a lawyer because they can’t afford their own.

If the hard ass hardcore can’t make a little room in their world for other gamers with slightly different tastes, at least enough to play fairly using your own lopsided rules, then we’ll settle this by pure Darwinian survival of the Wii fittest. 

It's nothing short from the best game of the year. Completely deserving of the title.

Your forgetting its a BLOG. enough said

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Anyone who thought that site isn't completely Sony biased is kidding themselves. As if completely ignoring NDS wasn't enough of a clue - they basically act as if Nintendo doesn't exist, outside of its own catagory: Wii game of the year. Now, I know there are some "hardcore" out there that find Nintendo's new direction insulting, so I can understand this (of course, doesn't help their credibility). So let's give them that - Nintendo doesn't exist.

They go on to put Echochrome over Braid, R&C Quest for Booty over Braid, then Fallout 3 (in a PS3 cover, if it couldn't be more obvious) over Fable 2 (when they gave Fable 2 higher reviews).

You may agree with the list, and that's fine - but don't try and pretend this is anything more than a Pro-Sony list written by a fanboy(s).

Around the Network

Whoop whoop a very good call indeed, i approve of these awards.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Wow. This is the best list I have seen so far. But isn't MGS4 an action game and so should have won that category? I suppose they didn't want to stick a generic "action" label on such an amazing game.

Good taste.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I disagree with Wii Fit, and that's all.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

MGS4 won a whole lot of awards, as did the PS3 on the whole.

Wii fit best wii game? Oh my...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

That's not even a *REAL* gaming site... it's some PS3 fanboy with a blog that no one reads (which is why there are no comments). Heck, I can go make a blog and post a 'game of the year'.

Unless your site is respected and has a sizable readership (i.e., VGChartz), it doesn't mean a thing.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya