By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Double bubble nearly for 360

reask said:

Well acording to vg 360 sales this week are nearly 2 to 1 in favour of 360.

Oh Oh

It's been 2:1 for the last 4 weeks basically. Nothing has changed.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network
PalmiNio said:
Well percentage is they way to go. And since the numbers is not 100% accurate the difference falls easily within the error margin. In medicine you can have a 95% certainty on some test so in this type case it is not far off.

The reality can be over double and under double but the margins clearly predicts that the double mark is statistically good.

In this kind of predictions +/- 15% is acceptable so it is nearly.

Working on market reseach so it is fun to spin with number. It is a way to lie without actualy lying.

error margin wouldt be nearly 100k. hate to break it to you. oh and the OP probablly wasnt sitting there going "hmmm... if ioi was 15% off of his 360 numbers blah bl;ah blah blah"

leo-j said:
Yea its half the price of the cheapest ps3 in NA, and its even less than that in Europe and japan =)

True, and that's just good planning and strategy on M$ part.

And no, a $299 PS3 price wouldn't change anything around immediately. It would definitely help, but it would still be more then the Wii and XBox 360. I don't see a PS3 hitting $299 until the end of 2009 or spring 2010. Sony is hurting for cash, so they aren't going to knock off $100 on the PS3 immediately.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Max King of the Wild said:
Grahamhsu said:
http://www.answers.com/topic/nearly

I don't see an exact answer as nearly must equate to in numbers or percentages. So in his opinion yes it is nearly. Is it spinning? No it's called having an opinion on the internet and quite frankly Max I'm getting very sick of your opinions that only serve to try to hurt other people's opinions.

If you don't think nearly is a good word choice than give them a suggestion to use instead of nearly. Perhaps nearly nearly would please you more but attacking other posters for having different ideas than you is just a problem with your inflexibility to other people.

Yawn....

360 outsold ps3 by decent margin > 360 nearly doubled ps3

Look Max I'll agree to me the sales aren't close to nearly however nearly is a vague term with different definitions to every person. Your argument about the definiton of what nearly should be is about as pointless as arguing whether the cup is half full or half empty. The fact that it's been going on for over a page and your indifference toward other posters word choice is what bothers me most.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
Grahamhsu said:

I don't see an exact answer as nearly must equate to in numbers or percentages. So in his opinion yes it is nearly. Is it spinning? No it's called having an opinion on the internet and quite frankly Max I'm getting very sick of your opinions that only serve to try to hurt other people's opinions.

If you don't think nearly is a good word choice than give them a suggestion to use instead of nearly. Perhaps nearly nearly would please you more but attacking other posters for having different ideas than you is just a problem with your inflexibility to other people.

Yawn....

Look Max I'll agree to me the sales aren't close to nearly however nearly is a vague term with different definitions to every person. Your argument about the definiton of what nearly should be is about as pointless as arguing whether the cup is half full or half empty. The fact that it's been going on for over a page and your indifference toward other posters word choice is what bothers me most.

I wasn't the one who started the nearly arguement. I just said 100k difference doesnt equal double then the people tried to use "nut he said nearly" as a defence and that is just a cop out. You'd actually have some standing if I was the one trying to discredit the OP by splitting hairs though... but it is infamy and the others who are.(You're last sentance is saying I was the one who was arguing the words when thats not that case)

Around the Network
Grahamhsu said:
Grahamhsu said:

Yawn....

I wasn't the one who started the nearly arguement. I just said 100k difference doesnt equal double then the people tried to use "nut he said nearly" as a defence and that is just a cop out. You'd actually have some standing if I was the one trying to discredit the OP by splitting hairs though... but it is infamy and the others who are.(You're last sentance is saying I was the one who was arguing the words when thats not that case)

What...you didn't read the title of the thread you were posting it? It says nearly right in the title.

ymeaga1n said:
Grahamhsu said:
Grahamhsu said:

Yawn....

What...you didn't read the title of the thread you were posting it? It says nearly right in the title.

My point proven?

PalmiNio said:
Well percentage is they way to go. And since the numbers is not 100% accurate the difference falls easily within the error margin. In medicine you can have a 95% certainty on some test so in this type case it is not far off.

The reality can be over double and under double but the margins clearly predicts that the double mark is statistically good.

In this kind of predictions +/- 15% is acceptable so it is nearly.

Working on market reseach so it is fun to spin with number. It is a way to lie without actualy lying.

error margin wouldt be nearly 100k. hate to break it to you. oh and the OP probablly wasnt sitting there going "hmmm... if ioi was 15% off of his 360 numbers blah bl;ah blah blah"

Error margins are never done in other numbers then percentage. I am only saying that in the world of statistic errors, cause the numbers are not accurate, his assumption of sales being double is accurate since it is within the interval of what is statistically acceptable error.

This is just a definition in the world of calculation errors and in that world he is not wrong.

So based on that the numbers are a prediction  the word double is totally right. But it is still a spin.

Predictions for 2009:

360: 39-42 PS3: 31-34 Wii: 67-70

Future projection

Wii will hit 100 million before christmas 2010 (made december 2008)

NDS Family will have sold and shipped more then PS2 at the end of 2009 (made january 2009)

ymeaga1n said:
Grahamhsu said:
Grahamhsu said:

Yawn....

My point proven?

How is your point proven? The sequence of events you wrote and bolded were wrong, as proven by the second point you bolded! Unbelievable.

I recognize Max's line of argument in attempting to argue semantics instead of content. I agree with an earlier poster - it's pathetic when the best Max and co can do is claim the adjective to describe 360's pouncing on PS3 is too strong. An adjective like "almost" might do the trick. The 360 almost doubled PS3 sales this week. Victory is sweet, huh Max?

dhummel said:
ymeaga1n said:
Grahamhsu said:
Grahamhsu said:

Yawn....

My point proven?

How is your point proven? The sequence of events you bolded were wrong, as proven by the second point you bolded! Unbelievable.

I recognize Max's line of argument in attempting to argue semantics instead of content. I agree with an earlier poster - it's pathetic when the best Max and co can do is claim the adjective to describe 360's pouncing on PS3 is too strong. An adjective like "almost" might do the trick. The 360 almost doubled PS3 sales this week. Victory is sweet, huh Max?

whats with all these low post count noobs trying to argue with me and being completely wrong? Like i said previously. I had 2 other points everyone seems to ignore... obviously the best you guys can try and do is discredit me by only paying attention to one point.... and its funny how you guys are trying to tell me im trying to argue semantics when.... are you ready for the irony? THATS WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING TO TRY AND DISCREDIT ME!!!! GASP!

LOL hypocrits. Arguing semantics and saying i only have semantics to argue about....