By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony and the PS3. How bad is it?

good thread... it's nice to see well thought opinions in a discussion

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
good thread... it's nice to see well thought opinions in a discussion

Miracle, isn't it?  Must be Christmas!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

PalmiNio said:
sirvice said:

And what if the blurayconsortium including sony says: bluray is for playstation only (not for Xbox3, not for Wii2)?

There will be nothing stopping Nintendo or Microsoft from using BluRay technology. The BR format isn't owned by Sony, they are just one of the keymembers that collects money from licensing.

When the next generation start BR will a much broader standard then today and as a strategy for becoming standard consortiums allways accepts new member with ease.

A BR-player in the next Xbox and Wii will only generate more money to the keyplayer.

Since Microsoft allready are working together with BR on diffrent levels they won't stop them. Like BR movies using MS backed technology VC-1.

I agree that nothing could stop Nintendo from using Blu-Ray, they won't. Mostly because, if you get technical, Nintendo isn't using DVD9 right now, and wasn't using MiniDVD last generation. Nintendo's used what pretty much is a cheap trick, by building what is 99% the same technology, but running a proprietary coding scheme and slapping a different name on it. Nintendo will use the "N6 Optical Disc" which will be a multilayer compatible Blu-laser disc that they don't have to pay anyone to use

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan, do you think the PS3´s WW install base might reach 50/55 million by the end of this generation? (assuming that´s December 2012)

Mr Khan said:

I agree that nothing could stop Nintendo from using Blu-Ray, they won't. Mostly because, if you get technical, Nintendo isn't using DVD9 right now, and wasn't using MiniDVD last generation. Nintendo's used what pretty much is a cheap trick, by building what is 99% the same technology, but running a proprietary coding scheme and slapping a different name on it. Nintendo will use the "N6 Optical Disc" which will be a multilayer compatible Blu-laser disc that they don't have to pay anyone to use

I agree on that, but MS will most likly do.

By the way Wii is using DVD9 but there is only one game that i know of using DVD9, Super Smah Bros Brawl using 7,85gb. Wii have serious problems reading DVD9, the laser is to weak.

Predictions for 2009:

360: 39-42 PS3: 31-34 Wii: 67-70

Future projection

Wii will hit 100 million before christmas 2010 (made december 2008)

NDS Family will have sold and shipped more then PS2 at the end of 2009 (made january 2009)

Around the Network

As nice of a read it was, your article saddens me :(

4 ≈ One