By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will the PS3 be hacked?

^ buy 320GB 2.5'' drives then. Plus most PS3 games aren't 25 GB.

Around the Network

its not easy to hack like xbox360

taxman said:
Selling more to developing countries is good only if you make a profit on each console sold. In Sony's case, more sales without increase in game sales is like flushing money down the toilet.

You make more sense than you know.  And most of the people in this thread will not know why.

Found a very good post about why the PS3 still isn't hacked, coming straight from a Hacker.

http://hack5.blogspot.com/2008/03/exclsuive-why-ps3-still-isnt-hacked.html

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

It's extremely difficult, I think there's like 4 stages of security you have to go through. The reason why the PS3 has 1 of the cells reserved if for protection purpose. I'll try and find the article I read it tells you every step you need to take to crack the PS3, but each step is near impossible.

Around the Network

If it will be, Sony will just release a firmware update that fixes it. That's what they've been doing with the PSP and the lates hacked firmware appears to be pretty old already... Unless they've found another way I've not heard of yet, of course. Anyway, things will be different on PS3 if they manage to do it hardware-wise, ie. using a mod chip or something. That's supposedly a little harder to patch than a software hack, though I'm not entirely sure.

It's kinda surprising to see how well Sony has made it so far.

Thats one of the reasons why the HD consoles havent done well. Hacking is hard. Hacked 360 tend to get banned from LIVE.Everyone i know owns a modded PSone, PS2.. I dont support piracy but I also cant support games that cost $70-80 in some countries. PS3 is still too expensive for the developing world. Piracy might be good in the long haul. Right now they need to sell hardware. The software will sell itself.Just because someone has a modded console doesn't necessarily mean they will never purchase legit software. Even if a user bought 4-5 legit titles that would more than make up for hardware losses.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

BrayanA said:

Who will download 25 GB files? How many games you can put on your 40GB drive if only one game is 25GB?

If you're able to hack your PS3, I doubt you would have much issues upgrading your HDD to something like a 320GB or more.

As for downloading... I've downloaded 75GB worth of detective conan eps and movies at once b4..... so.....

4 ≈ One

will it

When it gets more popular.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire