By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Red Ringed Xbox 360s Still Dog Microsoft

Spankey said:
mysticD said:
All PS3 fanboys cry about all the Sony "doom" thread but then you start thread like this in Microsoft forum.

Well, some 360 still get RROD, just like some PS3 still get dead blu-ray drive.

Here's a recent posts on Neo Gaf regarding fuck up PS3 ... so PS3 are still dying from defective blu-ray drive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150137&page=14

Oh there is even a pic of some guy dead PS3 gpu, so it has a problem with gpu also!!

every single piece of hardware ever made has a failure rate, so nothing to see there keep moving.

The astonishing thing is how acceptive people have been of the 360's failure rate. At one stage it was appaling, but luckily for MS things seem to be improving.

Well that was my point, but you seems to have miss it.

Around the Network

@Mr Stickball
Firstly, let me be clear that I do not condone the posting of said threads that seek to get a rise out of a gaming population because of a…’just because they can’ attitude. I think Dodece said it best when he described them as the “hemorrhoid on the ass of this community”.

But what has he provided? He’s presenting a news article to this site for a discussion – nothing more. Like it or not, this article exists and it’s in plain site for everyone to read, so instead of questioning the agenda of the OP, shouldn’t your grievance be with the person who wrote the article instead?

By all means present your side of the argument and state your logic behind your reasoning, but if you have a firm rebuttal to the discussion at hand, shouldn’t your data be enough of a retort?

This business of everyone getting ‘sick and tired of reading x’, shouldn’t enter the equation. You’re letting emotion enter a debate. If there’s bad news the media harps on about it to a factor of 10 over the glowing success stories…that’s the way the world is and we’re no different – you’re far more likely to tell people about the bad service you endured over the good. Was everyone sick of hearing about 911 after the first year it happened? Well, there’s no escape, don’t fight it.

Are people still afflicted with the dreaded RRoD? Yes, but a heck of a lot less. Should people not get annoyed when it happens to them and not tell everyone about it just because the problem is less likely to occur? No, because this is a bad service that they endured, and for whatever reason we emphasize more weight on the bad than the good.

Fumanchu said:
@Mr Stickball
Firstly, let me be clear that I do not condone the posting of said threads that seek to get a rise out of a gaming population because of a…’just because they can’ attitude. I think Dodece said it best when he described them as the “hemorrhoid on the ass of this community”.

But what has he provided? He’s presenting a news article to this site for a discussion – nothing more. Like it or not, this article exists and it’s in plain site for everyone to read, so instead of questioning the agenda of the OP, shouldn’t your grievance be with the person who wrote the article instead?

By all means present your side of the argument and state your logic behind your reasoning, but if you have a firm rebuttal to the discussion at hand, shouldn’t your data be enough of a retort?

This business of everyone getting ‘sick and tired of reading x’, shouldn’t enter the equation. You’re letting emotion enter a debate. If there’s bad news the media harps on about it to a factor of 10 over the glowing success stories…that’s the way the world is and we’re no different – you’re far more likely to tell people about the bad service you endured over the good. Was everyone sick of hearing about 911 after the first year it happened? Well, there’s no escape, don’t fight it.

Are people still afflicted with the dreaded RRoD? Yes, but a heck of a lot less. Should people not get annoyed when it happens to them and not tell everyone about it just because the problem is less likely to occur? No, because this is a bad service that they endured, and for whatever reason we emphasize more weight on the bad than the good.

Amen

seece said:
I'm sure colonelstubbs will be enjoying his NEW and MORE RELIABLE Xbox 360 this christmas going into the new year then easter!

I'm pretty sure you do hope some Xbox 360's do RROD on people this christmas just so you can post this crap again, news flash! Xbox's 360's will be RROD' for years to come while there are still launch models out there.

Oh god, i hope mine doesnt RROD!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
seece said:
I'm sure colonelstubbs will be enjoying his NEW and MORE RELIABLE Xbox 360 this christmas going into the new year then easter!

I'm pretty sure you do hope some Xbox 360's do RROD on people this christmas just so you can post this crap again, news flash! Xbox's 360's will be RROD' for years to come while there are still launch models out there.

Oh god, i hope mine doesnt RROD!

only time will tell colonel

Around the Network

No one seemed to have a problem with gebx flame-baiting, so let megaman2 post his fair and balanced jornalism.

^_^

I had a total of 5 360s... 4 of them RRODed the other is my elite that came with the Falcon chipset

megaman2 said:
selnor said:
megaman2 said:
damndl0ser said:
How many of these articles do we really need? RROD happens, it is real, it happend to me, so what? It took a little over a week to get my 360 serviced and its not really that big of a deal. People who normally harp on this are fanboys so give it a rest already.

This thread is to inform of the occuring problems dont take it to heart.

Hmmmm. Well I'll inform everyone then, that the ones which are RRoDing are NON JAsper models, and are likely not Falcon models.

If you buy a 360 this christmas you will have a failiure rate that is the same as the PS3 on the market. So Megaman2 quit whinging and maybe just wipe those tears awy from M$ providing the biggest gap ove PS3 that it has ever had. :)

Who says im whining, if you wish to contribute to this thread please by all means. There is no need for that you can do better Selnor.

Your thread title? That is massive trolling. It implies that Jasper still has problems.

There is no need for the 1 million thread about a subject which has now been eradicated from new models. So my comment is just. It stands. You made this thread for trolling only.

^ Did you click on the link Selnor? That's the article's title, he didn't make it up.

Fumanchu - did you bother reading said article? New Xbox 360 problems are nowhere to be found in the article....The article was talking about refurbished Xbox 360's that die. Not Jaspers. Not Falcons. No insight into what's going on other than the ignorant journalist saying "Xbox 360's still RRoD" - despite the fact that if anyone with knowledge would understand they were talking about old refurbs and not new consoles.

That's the argument the pro-X360 side is conveying here - They are arguing that the article doesn't add to the debate, because it isn't discussing new, or newer Xbox 360s. Only old ones. It makes as much sense as someone posting about a few people's launch Xbox 360's now crapping out...We know that already. What about something informative for something that's happened in the past 12-14 months?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.