By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Red Ringed Xbox 360s Still Dog Microsoft

megaman2 said:
damndl0ser said:
How many of these articles do we really need? RROD happens, it is real, it happend to me, so what? It took a little over a week to get my 360 serviced and its not really that big of a deal. People who normally harp on this are fanboys so give it a rest already.

This thread is to inform of the occuring problems dont take it to heart.

Hmmmm. Well I'll inform everyone then, that the ones which are RRoDing are NON JAsper models, and are likely not Falcon models.

If you buy a 360 this christmas you will have a failiure rate that is the same as the PS3 on the market. So Megaman2 quit whinging and maybe just wipe those tears awy from M$ providing the biggest gap ove PS3 that it has ever had. :)

Around the Network
Spankey said:
mrstickball said:
Fumanchu -

So if I wanted to post an article retarded, rehashed arguments against the PS3 like 'it has no games' or 'it's a sinking ship'...I should be allowed to, and not be questioned about the logic behind it?

Megaman is free to post anything he wants. But that doesn't mean that he can get away with posting something dumb, either. I haven't locked the thread, so it's not like I'm preventing the posting of his article. I am merely providing the other side of the argument - that shows that the argument he's trying to make (X360's still RRoD) is very skewed against reality. I provided HARD DATA as opposed to news articles showing the actual aggregate decreases in X360 hardware malfunctions that started a year ago. He has provided........What again?

Also, posting on a specific console's forum to incite negative reactions (last I checked) was called "flamebaiting" and usually results in a ban.

His moderation history on VGC is incredibly long, and has been banned 6 times since September, so it's not like him trolling/flamebaiting is an old thing....So how am I supposed to react? Let it go while he posts junk, and not reply with data?

here really is no need for that. many others have done that very thing already

Thread duplication is never good lol

Then why does this thread exist?

Personally, thread duplication is one of my VGC cardinal sins. I hate it when people post the same slice of NPD data 5 times on the Sales, Gaming and Manufacturer forums. This is a very similar issue. We've had thousands of posts on RRoD debate, and it gets tiring that people that are uninformed, like Megaman, post articles that are rehashing the same old 'Refurbs break' argument.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

All PS3 fanboys cry about all the Sony "doom" thread but then you start thread like this in Microsoft forum.

Well, some 360 still get RROD, just like some PS3 still get dead blu-ray drive.

Here's a recent posts on Neo Gaf regarding fuck up PS3 ... so PS3 are still dying from defective blu-ray drive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150137&page=14

Oh there is even a pic of some guy dead PS3 gpu, so it has a problem with gpu also!!

mrstickball said:
megaman2 said:

^Looking at the sheer amount of problems associated with the Xbox 360, how can Microsoft justify selling a product known to so many problems. A customer buying a $199 product should receive the quality associated with the price tag. Am I roght Mrstickball.

Megaman...Do you realize that the $199 product is not getting the same console (internally) they were 3 years ago? That's the argument I'm providing.

A Xbox 360 console bought in November 2005 had a 25-30% chance of failure.

A Xbox 360 console bought in November 2007 had a 5-7% chance of failure (or less)

An Xbox 360 console bought today, most likely, has a lower chance of failure, and even the Falcons were within simiar reliability rates as Playstation 3s.

@ Million - I understand 1,330 Xbox 360's is hardly enough to paint a perfect picture...But I tend to think it's better than any evidence Megaman has put forth.

Do you have any conclusive information to back up this statement, because I doubt it very much.

A mod with a sense of humour, priceless!

mrstickball said:
Fumanchu -

So if I wanted to post an article retarded, rehashed arguments against the PS3 like 'it has no games' or 'it's a sinking ship'...I should be allowed to, and not be questioned about the logic behind it?

Megaman is free to post anything he wants. But that doesn't mean that he can get away with posting something dumb, either. I haven't locked the thread, so it's not like I'm preventing the posting of his article. I am merely providing the other side of the argument - that shows that the argument he's trying to make (X360's still RRoD) is very skewed against reality. I provided HARD DATA as opposed to news articles showing the actual aggregate decreases in X360 hardware malfunctions that started a year ago. He has provided........What again?

Also, posting on a specific console's forum to incite negative reactions (last I checked) was called "flamebaiting" and usually results in a ban.

His moderation history on VGC is incredibly long, and has been banned 6 times since September, so it's not like him trolling/flamebaiting is an old thing....So how am I supposed to react? Let it go while he posts junk, and not reply with data?

This is the reason Gebx exists , why isn't he perma banned ?

Around the Network
Million said:
mrstickball said:
Fumanchu -

Don't forget Skeeuk!

selnor said:
megaman2 said:
damndl0ser said:
How many of these articles do we really need? RROD happens, it is real, it happend to me, so what? It took a little over a week to get my 360 serviced and its not really that big of a deal. People who normally harp on this are fanboys so give it a rest already.

This thread is to inform of the occuring problems dont take it to heart.

Hmmmm. Well I'll inform everyone then, that the ones which are RRoDing are NON JAsper models, and are likely not Falcon models.

If you buy a 360 this christmas you will have a failiure rate that is the same as the PS3 on the market. So Megaman2 quit whinging and maybe just wipe those tears awy from M$ providing the biggest gap ove PS3 that it has ever had. :)

Who says im whining, if you wish to contribute to this thread please by all means. There is no need for that you can do better Selnor.

mysticD said:
All PS3 fanboys cry about all the Sony "doom" thread but then you start thread like this in Microsoft forum.

Well, some 360 still get RROD, just like some PS3 still get dead blu-ray drive.

Here's a recent posts on Neo Gaf regarding fuck up PS3 ... so PS3 are still dying from defective blu-ray drive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150137&page=14

Oh there is even a pic of some guy dead PS3 gpu, so it has a problem with gpu also!!

every single piece of hardware ever made has a failure rate, so nothing to see there keep moving.

The astonishing thing is how acceptive people have been of the 360's failure rate. At one stage it was appaling, but luckily for MS things seem to be improving.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

seece said:
Million said:
mrstickball said:
Fumanchu -

Don't forget Skeeuk!

Lolll

heruamon said:
Ronster316 said:
More garbage from everyones favourite site.......... News for sony defence force.... oops.... i mean news for gamers aka N4G

N4G...roflol...that site is about worthless...the Foxnews of gaming.

Loll I agrree