By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confrmed: New metal gear is for IPOD TOUCH

Dinomax said:
Ok what the hell is this shit.

Konami acknowledge theres a demanding userbase for MGS4 on the 360.

The Wii and DS are the largest market for video game sales and userbase.

Yet they announce it for the iphone. Not the most demanding market or the largest.

Did you see the same teaser I did? In what way did that teaser indicate anything about a possible MGS4 port for 360?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

interesting, I reckon the iPod Touch will get a sales boost from this, but mostly from people who were gonna buy a Nano but wanted to pay that little bit more to get the games.

In the next gen I predict the emergence of an Apple Ibox. On further reflection it is very likely.  Sony will bow out and Apple will take their place.  They will have Japanese ties through Sony and most of Sony's partners like Naughty Dog and Insomniac will switch over to developing for the Ibox.  Also, Apple is a partner with Sony in blu-ray, so the Ibox will have a blu-ray drive.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

A next metal gear is...

It's on the 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Green for 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has the 360 Power button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does the "i" stand for?

It doesn't matter, it's green!!!!!!!!!!!!1

^^^
Above is an exaggeration of the multiple conversations that went on a few weeks ago. Essentially, because it was green it meant 360. Though I said that it was Metal Gear for DSi or iPhone, no one wanted to believe me. Now here we are, MGS on iPhone.

I hope to God that this MGS4 on 360 rumor can be put to rest. Sheesh.

I am happy that it is not on X360. It is really annoying that people are sending me messages on my X360 as 'MGS 4 on X360'! Coming from the same people who say PS3 has not any great game but if I say that to them they delete me from their friendlist ugh.

Anyway will we then get IPoD sales on VGCHARTZ?

Around the Network

im not into handhelds so i'll pass glad it didn't get ported to 360 yet the forums would of been crazy

Play Me

Not only MGS, also Silent Hill and Frogger will be on the IPOD.

I really dont think they would put it on Ipod, they could make so much more money on either DS, Wii or 360 with a new metal gear game. But i dont think that game could have that much success on a ipod which is not a primarly gaming machine.

Lol, all the:

"Sony fans are afraid", "it will sell better on 360", "Kojima is gonna announce MGS4 on 360", "Green power button = 360" etc etc people must feel pretty damn stupid now.

Also, iPod MGS = fail.

How will that game fit on an ipod touch?