By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 300 million consoles will be sold this generation. Read on...

colonelstubbs said:
wii 200 million? nintendo would have more money than GOD

God doesn't pay tax.

Around the Network
Comrade Tovya said:
the 360 really has started to erode the European monopoly of Europe.

No, your wrong, it is the Asiatic monopoly of Europe or then the American monopoly of Europe, lol

haxxiy said:
Comrade Tovya said:

No, your wrong, it is the Asiatic monopoly of Europe or then the American monopoly of Europe, lol

No, I just got in a hurry typing.  I meant to type, "the European monopoly by Sony". (proper English, no, but you can't expect an English Major to worry about such things!)

I'm adding games to the DB while I'm taking part in the forums, and it's making me screw up! LOL

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I really hope a new console isn't released in 2011. Summer of 2012 would be more appropiate in my opinion. Why?

I still feel there's far too much to be extracted from the PS3 and 360 yet. PS3 especially going on 1st Party Developer screen shots.
If there is a new release tho - think I'll stay off the bandwagon and just enjoy the back catalogue of games I still need to enjoy from this generation.

Cause english people are always wrong, continental european guy are always right, always ;)

Around the Network
Tremble said:
Oh gosh, and it's an english guy who says that Oo ...

Whats that got to do with anything?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Comrade Tovya said:
haxxiy said:
Comrade Tovya said:

No, I just got in a hurry typing.  I meant to type, "the European monopoly by Sony". (proper English, no, but you can't expect an English Major to worry about such things!)

I'm adding games to the DB while I'm taking part in the forums, and it's making me screw up! LOL

Better pay more attention man, people here do not forgive even the smallest mistake.

The X360 and PS3 are quite easy to predict, but the Wii is hard.

Will it be like the DS? - technically outdated but still selling year after year.

I believe so. There won't be a Wii 2 before Sony and MS have launched their next gen consoles (nintendo won't risk to kill the Wii prematurely in any way).

The Wii sold 26 million units in 2008. I think that is near it's peak, but it will maintain high level of sales for years to come.

X360: 55 million
PS3: 55 million
Wii: 150 million
------------------
260 million

Comrade Tovya said:
kowenicki said:
300 million? Doubt it.

So when is the next gen console luanching? 2011, 2012... 2013 latest.

We are only just over a 1/4 of the way to 300m consoles sold. o we are going to see 220m sales of consoles in the next 4 years? No way.

Right, and I think due to the historical trends of each console generation, we are seeing the peaks in weekly sales right now.  The first few years of a generation is when the largest, fastest upswing happens.  I think after the holidays, we'll see a slow trend start in less sales per month than prior to that time.

Yes but this is middle cycle for the 360 but not for ps3 and wii, maybe the next year will be the peek for this gen, and this gen we have seen a market evolution like never befor, from highly expensive development to "casual gamers" joining in. I find soo wierd this gen and the fact that the japan dev industry is in detriment is so something unspected.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

radha said:
Comrade Tovya said:
kowenicki said:
300 million? Doubt it.

So when is the next gen console luanching? 2011, 2012... 2013 latest.

We are only just over a 1/4 of the way to 300m consoles sold. o we are going to see 220m sales of consoles in the next 4 years? No way.

Right, and I think due to the historical trends of each console generation, we are seeing the peaks in weekly sales right now.  The first few years of a generation is when the largest, fastest upswing happens.  I think after the holidays, we'll see a slow trend start in less sales per month than prior to that time.

Yes but this is middle cycle for the 360 but not for ps3 and wii, maybe the next year will be the peek for this gen, and this gen we have seen a market evolution like never befor, from highly expensive development to "casual gamers" joining in. I find soo wierd this gen and the fact that the japan dev industry is in detriment is so something unspected.

No.  I think that the Wii will buck the trend hard and sell like crazy well until this generation is over.  I'm still on fence when it comes to the PS3... it's too expensive, and Sony can't afford to drop the price, nor can they afford to wait too long to drop the price either.

Sony could just as easily find success and they could completely bomb this generation.  I think they will fall somewhere in the middle.  Successful enough to warrant staying in the war, but fail enough to disappoint the execs at Sony.

For the fans of any of the consoles, it really shouldn't matter.  As long as your console(s) of choice continues to make games that you enjoy, who comes in first or last doesn't really matter. 

The most important thing is to be honest with yourself.  If you're a fanboy who has still convinced him/herself that the PS3 will dominate at somepoint, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment later.  A better bet is just to not worry about the PS3 getting left behind in the race, because it doesn't make it any less of an enjoyable console.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya