By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Metal Gear Will Be Revealed In 'A Few Weeks'

Kojima Says Wait a Few More Weeks For Big Reveal

The next Metal Gear game will be shown soon...whatever it is.

By Sam Kennedy, 12/16/2008

At the Spike TV Video Game Awards this past weekend, we had a brief moment to speak with Hideo Kojima as he walked down the red carpet. Obviously, the big thing on our minds was the next Metal Gear game that he recently teased. Not surprisingly, he didn't reveal anything new at all, but he did say that it's just a matter of weeks until we find out what it is. Given the timing -- a few weeks happens to be around the start of the new year -- this could indicate some sort of exclusivity window has expired on Metal Gear Solid 4, meaning an Xbox 360 version could then be announced (which was one of the common assumptions from the tease, given that its letters were all green). Or, the timing has little significance and it just happens to be when he'll reveal a Metal Gear Game for iPhone or DSi (another common assumption thanks to the "i" in the tease message). Either way, we'll know soon enough.

Kojima also indicated that he is indeed working on the new project he recently referred to while he oversees the next Metal Gear games. Sadly, it's not another Zone of Enders. Here's the video of our brief chat.

source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171902

Yeah, it's another 'announcement of an announcement', but I figured I should post this since it's been so hotly debated.  Personally, I think it'll be either a) MGS4 for the 360, b) MGS4: Existence for PS360, c) MGS5 for PS360, or d) Metal Gear 3 for Wii.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I would love to see what he could do on the Wii.

My bet is still that it's Ac!d for either DSi or iPhone. In the event that it is, I also bet that "MGS4 on 360" rumors continue apace.

I hope the new project is a sequel to either Snatcher or Policenauts. They were both much better than Zone of the Enders. Of course younger guys -- in their mid twenties or younger -- probably wouldn't know about them.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

lol at option d xD

Around the Network

I think it's more than likely something to do with the iPhone or its either a port of MGS4 on the Xbox 360.

BTFeather55 said:

I hope it is a sequel to either Snatcher or Policenauts. They were both much better than Zone of the Enders. Of course younger guys -- in their mid twenties or younger -- probably wouldn't know about them.

How could the next Metal Gear be a sequel to Snatcher or Policenauts?

Edit: Oh, now I see what you meant. Doh!

BTFeather55 said:

I hope it is a sequel to either Snatcher or Policenauts. They were both much better than Zone of the Enders. Of course younger guys -- in their mid twenties or younger -- probably wouldn't know about them.

"Obviously, the big thing on our minds was the next Metal Gear game that he recently teased. Not surprisingly, he didn't reveal anything new at all, but he did say that it's just a matter of weeks until we find out what it is."

It's a Metal Gear game.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
badgenome said:
BTFeather55 said:

How could the next Metal Gear be a sequel to Snatcher or Policenauts?

I was referring to this part of the Op's post:  "Kojima also indicated that he is indeed working on the new project he recently referred to while he oversees the next Metal Gear games. Sadly, it's not another Zone of Enders. Here's the video of our brief chat."

I would love to see Snatcher or Policenauts come to either the PS2 or Virtual console.  I didn't have a Sega Cd when Snatcher was released and I always wanted to play it.  I've heard that the Japan only version on PSX was the best version, but the you could use your WiiMote like a gun on the same parts as in the Sega CD version on the Virtual Console.  And Policenauts was never released in America so it would be great to see it make its way over too.  It was almost released on 3D0 in America but cut for some controversial material which I would like to see kept intact in an American release as I'm not a fan of censorship.

Nintendo released the PC Engine's Ys. I and II on Virtual console, so why not Snatcher, Policenauts, Emerald Dragon, Magical Popful Mail, Lunar I and II, Dracula-X and some other classics that were only on consoles that weren't so popular in the US or Western nations or that were only available in Japan?

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Its a new METAL GEAR game, not a MGS game, why do 360 owners beg for MGS4 all the time, why dont tehy get a ps3 and play the damn game.

mM