By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is is it possible for Valkyria Chronicles to come to the 360?

leo-j said:
Badassbab said:
I hope it comes out on the 360. From what I've read it sounds like an absolute corker of a game. Why Sega decided it should be a PS3 exclusive is beyond me. C'mon Sega you know it would probably sell better on the 360!

SRPG's dont tend to sell well on any console..

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Fire Emblem DS

Of course SRPG's can sell relatively well.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
mrstickball said:
Stats87 said:
mrstickball said:
@ Crazzy - The Last Remnant is an SRPG too....And it passed VC up in about 2-3 weeks.

Calling TLR a SRPG is a stretch at best,

not only that but TLR is made by Square Enix and has that traditional RPG look, VC is made by Sega and uses Anime Cel Shading.

How far into The Last Remnant did you get before declaring it not an SRPG?

Do you even own the game? I do. And it's as much a SRPG as Ogre Battle ever was....Or was Ogre Battle not an SRPG?

In fact, what makes a game an SRPG? Valkyria Chronicles has realtime shooting in it for crying out loud. Does that make it not an SRPG? Does that make it an ARPG?

VC does not have realtime shooting, it has realtime aiming, and then you choose to shoot and end your action for that turn.

Aiming = Shooting.

It doesn't matter if pressing the A button fires one round, or a salvo of rounds....Your still shooting. Eternal Sonata was the same way in parts (press & hold A to aim, release to shoot/end turn).

Still doesn't answer my question, Torillian.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Why wasn't it multiplat in the first place? The larger PS3 install base in Japan? Did Sony write a check?

Torillian said:
mrstickball said:
Stats87 said:
mrstickball said:
@ Crazzy - The Last Remnant is an SRPG too....And it passed VC up in about 2-3 weeks.

Calling TLR a SRPG is a stretch at best,

not only that but TLR is made by Square Enix and has that traditional RPG look, VC is made by Sega and uses Anime Cel Shading.

How far into The Last Remnant did you get before declaring it not an SRPG?

Do you even own the game? I do. And it's as much a SRPG as Ogre Battle ever was....Or was Ogre Battle not an SRPG?

In fact, what makes a game an SRPG? Valkyria Chronicles has realtime shooting in it for crying out loud. Does that make it not an SRPG? Does that make it an ARPG?

VC does not have realtime shooting, it has realtime aiming, and then you choose to shoot and end your action for that turn.

I don't mind if it's released but, i hope that when is released on xbox 360 it would sell enough that we would see a sequal, on both systems.

Aiming does not equal shooting. That's like saying that because you can pick where you hit in real time in Disgaea that it is an Action RPG.

I can't answer your specific question because I haven't played Ogre Battle in a long time, and don't know enough about TLR to make a judgment on the similarities, but I'll talk to someone who has and get back to you.

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:
leo-j said:
Badassbab said:
I hope it comes out on the 360. From what I've read it sounds like an absolute corker of a game. Why Sega decided it should be a PS3 exclusive is beyond me. C'mon Sega you know it would probably sell better on the 360!

SRPG's dont tend to sell well on any console..

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Fire Emblem DS

Of course SRPG's can sell relatively well.

Look what platform you mentioned... The DS ... need i say more? the DS Prints Money!

Also HD Console owners seem to be biased against the beautiful watercooler graphics of VC or lovely rendered graphics of PoP...

I for one dont care for that style of graphics my self, but VC looks fantastic.

Ender said:
Why wasn't it multiplat in the first place? The larger PS3 install base in Japan? Did Sony write a check?

the larger install base , sony is broke

Torillian said:
Aiming does not equal shooting. That's like saying that because you can pick where you hit in real time in Disgaea that it is an Action RPG.

I can't answer your specific question because I haven't played Ogre Battle in a long time, and don't know enough about TLR to make a judgment on the similarities, but I'll talk to someone who has and get back to you.

Then he'll tell you the same thing I found out. The Last Remnant is very much like a Strategy RPG.

You deal with a lot of SRPG issues:

• Large numbers of party members (up to 25)
  • Large numbers of enemy members (100+ in some battles)
  • Heavy emphasis on strategic combat, longer battles (some 'regular' battles can be 10-15 minutes...Bosses are up to an hour)
  • Heavily deals in class changes/unit types on a very broad base (like most SRPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics, Ogre Battle, or others)
  • *Actual* party formations ala Ogre Battle (and not the 2-tiered system every SE RPG has been)
  • Hundreds of recruitable soldiers/leaders

..And so on. TLR is definately an SRPG. The traveling is akin to a standard JRPG, but that's about it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Stats87 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Are you serious Crazzy? The PS3 has a massive user-base lead over the 360 in Japan, had a highly acclaimed exclusive srpg released and it still sold less than ToV, TLR and Blue Dragon. The PS3 is not the rpg seller you imagine it to be.

are you really using an SRPG as a judgement for how well the PS3 can sell RPG's?

srpg's can sell very well, especially if their critically acclaimed (fire emblem). The point is some users make it seem as if any rpg on the ps3 would sell millions upon millions when all the evidence points to that being utter bull. Again if the ps3 was half the rpg seller some users claim it should have easily outsold the 360's rpg's by being on the larger user base and being lavished with praise by every review site. The fact that it hasn't leaves the broadly touted statement of the ps3 bing an rpg seller on shakey ground.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I can see this coming to the Xbox 360. It's a third-party title, any third-party is possible to be released on any platform. It could be a timed-exclusive for the PS3. Who knows? I could care less if it comes to the 360. If it does I will be buying it for achievement purposes but by that time I will have owned it on the PS3.