By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears 2, Fallout 3 or COD: W@W?

Barozi said:
Euphoria14 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Gears 2 has a great campaign, but the online is awful on so many levels. I don't know why Epic is incapable of making a single decent playlist (save for Horde).

I am not really interested in online. I should have put that in the OP.

I am looking for a good single player game. I have LIVE for just this Month so I will probably hop on regardless.

@mummelmann

I keep leaning further and further away from Fallout3 with each response I get in this thread.

That's sad, because it's my second pick for my personal GOTY award. Very addicting

After MGS4, Fallout 3 is my fav. game this year... and i was VERRRRY skeptical about buying this game.... i already want a seguel and im not even 30% done with the game!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Oh. Well if you're not interested in online, Fallout 3 is the best choice by far. Just get it. Do it.

Agreed, I was going to say Gears 2, but if you're looking for the best bang for your buck in single player it's Fallout. The third person gliding issue is still there, and the engine graphics are slightly dated, but it's still a fun game. Just don't look closely at bushes...

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

^Well I admit I enjoyed Oblivion and have pumped around 120 hours into easy, but I really only liked roaming around, doing the Dark Brotherhood quests (I took over that faction ). However, I did not really enjoy the storyline at all, I think in Oblivion the furthest I ever got to was the first Oblivion gate. Kvatch or something I think.

I was just hoping it was more third person this time. Screenshots really made me believe so.

Don't worry though, at some point I will play through this game, if I happen to not pick it up tonight.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Fallout 3 is not a bad game, by far. It just wasn't all I had hoped it would be and it was way to similar to Oblivion for me!
This is why I'd pick Gears 2, but there are folks who have gripes with that title as well, I suppose, its kinda hard to recommend someone you don't really know, a game!
But, we try our best, feel free to ask if there's anything else regarding Fallout 3 you'd like to know, I'll answer to the best of my abilities so we can help you make the right choice for you!

Euphoria14 said:
^Well I admit I enjoyed Oblivion and have pumped around 120 hours into easy, but I really only liked roaming around, doing the Dark Brotherhood quests (I took over that faction ). However, I did not really enjoy the storyline at all, I think in Oblivion the furthest I ever got to was the first Oblivion gate. Kvatch or something I think.

I was just hoping it was more third person this time. Screenshots really made me believe so.

Don't worry though, at some point I will play through this game, if I happen to not pick it up tonight.

Main story line + the side quests are waaaaay better.

Around the Network

Ending up going with Fallout 3 anyways. I was debating between that and Gears 2 and unfortunately had to turn Gears 2 down.

I picked it up for PS3 because it just recentlygot Trophy support and I want to get to level 6.

I know it doesn't run as good, but I doubt it is to the point where one version blows the other away. I also do not care for DLC because I am cheap.

Hopefully I enjoy it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Gears 2 or Fallout 3....both are amazing games. CoD:WaW = RENTAL. It feels like an ancient version of CoD4.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Gears of War 2 is undoubtedly top 3 game of the year contender on all systems.