By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 Box Art Released:Missing "Only On X360" Stamp

@Outlawauron

Check the forum. Look at any topic announcing a JRPG exclusive for 360. Each thread immediately got bombarded by a bunch of whining PS3 fanboys. It got to point where I didn't even want to look at the thread because I knew the usually suspects would show up and cry about how the game is on 360 and not PS3.

I know that I and few others had been saying Eternal Sonata was overrated when it was still 360 exclusive and then fanboys started saying "your only saying that because its coming to PS3" after the port was announced. Of course that claim went away after they actually played the game.

Gebx may take joy in watching PS3 fans meltdown but I find it sad and annoying. Any JRPG to 360 thread features and instant meltdown. I wish I had BengaBenga's thought process. I would have made a an "Official Bitch About 360 JRPGs Thread" in the Sony forums. That way 360 owners looking forward to the games could discuss them in their threads without wading through pages of PS3 fanboy flamebait.

Around the Network

American packart, what is missing....

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Look @ all the pretty pictures. :P

I have to say the US boxart really kicks the Japanese its ass, truly amazing looking.

wouldn't a company already get wind of this and comment on it (just like konami has done time after time again)

Around the Network

lol, unless MS paid alot of money to keep this only on the 360, there is no reason why it would not come to the PS3.

It will sell like crap on the 360, they will need the PS3 version just for some revenue.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

@Bigjon

MS would be better served giving SO4 an ad campaign rivaling the one they gave Lost Odyssey. That would ensure that the game sells well. Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia are both excellent games. One got a really good ad campaign and the other got piss poor support. Which one sold well?

bigjon said:
lol, unless MS paid alot of money to keep this only on the 360, there is no reason why it would not come to the PS3.

It will sell like crap on the 360, they will need the PS3 version just for some revenue.

I also would have seen far better sales if it was released on the PS3 at the same time, but no, Square Enix wants to do it "differently", thanks to MS

bigjon said:

I hate to say it, but i agree.

Its sad the games like GTA4 get worshipped all the time, but games like SO4 will be canned and milked because it wont do well sales wise.

I hope, star ocean iv releasing on the ps3 would be a dream, the only genre the ps3 doesnt have games in is RPG.

mM