By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Can someone help me remove this trojan virus form my PC?!?!? Please! :(

Soriku said:

I don't think you can change your password D:

D:

I hope you don't get hacked then.

Around the Network

I wish I could help you there, but I don't even know to change my clock to military time.

Time is still correct though.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You could try this.

Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. Hit the Customize button on the first tab and then in the window that pops up go to the Time tab.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

download another free virus remover from download.com

Euphoria14 said:

I usually take the easy road, F10 when I start up my PC, then destructive restore to factory default.

That is the beauty of not really using a PC for anything but internet.

Reformatting is my friend.

You may want to switch to Linux then. Ubuntu is about equal to XP/Vista in everything else except gaming, and is pretty much immune to viruses.

The problem with destructive restorations is that while they get rid of the bug, they also get rid of everything else, and unless you create backups of your data constantly, setting your stuff back up can be a huge hassle.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Around the Network

doesnt hurt to try

sux.

lotz of thangs i need to tell u then.
i doubt system restore will do u any good.

virtumonde is also called vundo. from what i know about it is that it only part of many .dll's.
what it does is any one of its many .dll's is set to trigger one program or tasks and it prompts ur computer to do many things ranging from a pop up to other things.
one of the things it does is shuts off your auto updates from microsoft.

u can manually turn it on by running services.msc and turn on Automatic Updates and Security Center that way. however u'll still have problem as vundo will prevent it from being turned on.

Security Task Manager will only show what Task Manager normally, only in more details. With Security Task Manager you can manually delete each and every .dll that it reads that could potentially be a virus. still, STM requires u to buy the program to fully delete everything... sux

u can download Windows Defender and it will always shows a virus.

what vundo is is many .dll's. then it creates other .dll's also so even if u attempt to delete as many as .dll as you can as long as u have at least one of its .dll it will never go away.

even if u go to safe mode, a .dll cannot be deleted as long as one of OS's exe is using it...

most of these trojans come from downloading a software or program online via torrent

might as well give up and uninstall xp. once u've done so, just reinstall it.

because just reinstalling xp or system restore, there's a very slight chance that one of its .dll is hiding behind as a M$'s registry file, who knows...

having windows defender, security task manager and all that will only keep the virus at bay.. 'cuz once u do something to your computer that triggers it.. then you're right back to where you started and all that gud stuff..

Mise said:
Euphoria14 said:

I usually take the easy road, F10 when I start up my PC, then destructive restore to factory default.

That is the beauty of not really using a PC for anything but internet.

Reformatting is my friend.

You may want to switch to Linux then. Ubuntu is about equal to XP/Vista in everything else except gaming, and is pretty much immune to viruses.

The problem with destructive restorations is that while they get rid of the bug, they also get rid of everything else, and unless you create backups of your data constantly, setting your stuff back up can be a huge hassle.

Problem here is that I got a stupid Laptop with an NVidia graphics card that is Vista only.

Currently playing:

ok u may be bored of programs... but if u have the chance.. go.to..www.kaspersky.com and download the trial...ITS SIMPLY THE BES ANTI-VIRUS EVERRR.. believe...and...if not....give format to ur PC would be a exciting solution...=D
hope u fix..those....Sh!T$ =P

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

try this
http://www.download.com/Spyware-Terminator/3000-8022_4-10468541.html?tag=mncol