By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Can someone help me remove this trojan virus form my PC?!?!? Please! :(

you sure? have you tried scrolling trough other months, but be warned system restores remove installed programs that were installed after the restore point

Around the Network

Lafiel has a good answer, as they are always very good at this type of thing.

I'd try to help you out, but I can't find that dll in any of my normal resources, so I can't recognize what your computer is infected with.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Well, you can do what many other people are suggesting and try to get support to remove any/all viruses you have, but in any case you should attempt to back-up any of the data you want to keep.

If you don't fix the problem through all the other forums, you should try to track down the discs that came with your PC (if it came with any). Depending on what kind of a PC you have, there may be a back-up partition that would make reinstalling really easy.

Whatever you do, I would suggest backing up data that you would like to keep, because it may not be possible later.

Soriku said:

Yeah...system restore doesn't work :(

I'll try the hijackthis thing and see if other people can help. If not...gonna have to wait for my uncle to come over to help me :(

Did the program you used to find out about the trojan say what exactly the Trojan infected???

try removing it when u r using the "safe" mode

Around the Network

You're gonna have to use a combination of: smitRem, SmitFraudFix, hijackthis, and spyware doctor.

how about downloading another virus program?

By any chance, does this virus cause you to get constant popups telling you to download Anti-Virus software?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Does it ever tell you the name of the virus? I think I may know what you have.

It won't break your PC, it just makes those popups show up forever and each time you delete the virus it just respawns.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Goodluck, It happened to me in the summer, I got my friend to fix it for me

^_^