By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2008 Game Awards from EDGE magazine. GO LBP GO!!!

axumblade said:
Bboid said:

OK, I kind of have issue with a bit of these.

Best Hardware is frankly a bad category name, as there are too many ways to look at that.  Need specifics.  LBP is not best game of the year, L4D is not best online experience.  Best developer media molecule?  I don't think so, maybe they deserve "Most surprising developer".

End of my random displeasure with crappy awards.

Also, if you look at last nights VGA...

L4D won best multiplayer

Media Molecule won best developer.

and for LBP winning game of the year isn't too surprising considering the hype behind the game.

GTA4 also won GOTY, confirming to almost everyone that again that game awards and reviews are largely biased.  GTA4 winning VGA's GOTY is an absolute flipping joke.  360, Wii, PS3, and PC owners alike should all be outraged.

Around the Network
Bboid said:
axumblade said:
Bboid said:

Best Hardware is frankly a bad category name, as there are too many ways to look at that.  Need specifics.  LBP is not best game of the year, L4D is not best online experience.  Best developer media molecule?  I don't think so, maybe they deserve "Most surprising developer".

L4D won best multiplayer

and for LBP winning game of the year isn't too surprising considering the hype behind the game.

GTA4 also won GOTY, confirming to almost everyone that again that game awards and reviews are largely biased.  GTA4 winning VGA's GOTY is an absolute flipping joke.  360, Wii, PS3, and PC owners alike should all be outraged.

I am still trying to figure out how a game that did not win best 360 game or best PS3 game won Game of the Year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

axumblade said:
Bboid said:
axumblade said:
Bboid said:

L4D won best multiplayer

I still don't understand how it's an absolute joke but oookay. Just because you're bitter that MGS4 isn't getting as many GOTY awards doesn't mean that it's not a great game and just because Grand Theft Auto 4 isn't your favorite game, doesn't mean that it's not other peoples. It had a HUGE impact on gaming this year and it also was a great game for the first round through of the game. That's normally all that matters. If it were up to me, I would have probably voted another game, but just the impact of GTA4 was bigger than the impact of any of the other games nominated.

Personally, I wouldn't care whether LittleBigPlanet or Metal Gear Solid 4 or Gears of War 2 won. All of the games nominated did deserve the nomination. And it was an all around great year for games so that means that I'm sure Metal Gear Solid 4 will get it's share of "Game of the Year" awards. As well as Gears of War 2. As I said, all are great games and deserve the best.

When did I ever fucking mention MGS4 should have won more awards?  I have owned every single GTA game produced and sold on a console/handheld and I have bought multiple copies when rereleased on PC.  I love the series, it is probably my favorite series of all time, but GTA4 was garbage.  Every mission was the same, there are a large number of features missing that were established on GTA:SA, there are a number of issues with the game itself, and nearly everyone is in some form disappointed with the game and disagrees with most of the "formal" reviews given for the game.  Even the story of the game didn't flow very well (though it did start out very well).

All things aside, don't ever put words in my mouth or assume I was thinking something clearly different.  You do not know me on a personal level enough to start completing my sentences and thoughts and never will.

Bboid said:

When did I ever fucking mention MGS4 should have won more awards?  I have owned every single GTA game produced and sold on a console/handheld and I have bought multiple copies when rereleased on PC.  I love the series, it is probably my favorite series of all time, but GTA4 was garbage.  Every mission was the same, there are a large number of features missing that were established on GTA:SA, there are a number of issues with the game itself, and nearly everyone is in some form disappointed with the game and disagrees with most of the "formal" reviews given for the game.  Even the story of the game didn't flow very well (though it did start out very well).

All things aside, don't ever put words in my mouth or assume I was thinking something clearly different.  You do not know me on a personal level enough to start completing my sentences and thoughts and never will.

♫ Don't worry

Be happy ♫

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

@Axum

Going by his sig, I would say he wanted MGS3 to win 2008 GOTY.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Euphoria14 said:
@Axum

Going by his sig, I would say he wanted MGS3 to win 2008 GOTY.

it was a loose correlation. X_x 

I see Snake so I assume he was rooting for Metal Gear Solid 4. I have done that a lot today for some reason.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's only the internetz.

Currently playing:

kirby007 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Best Publisher M$ WTF, LBP FTW!

gears 2, fable 2, nuts& bolts

hope this explains why they are are pub of the year

LBP, RESISTANCE 2, EDEN, RATCHET AND CLANK QUEST FOR BOOTY, WIPE OUT HD, GT5 prologue(heck might as well you mentioned nuts and bolts).

Why didnt SCE get publisher of the year??

mM

Leo-j

I think MS also had Lost Odyssey.

Either way it was pretty much a toss up IMO.

Plus, the couldn't let Sony and MM clean up on like 70% of the awards.

Currently playing:

axumblade said:
Bboid said:

I realize I was insinuating you were hoping for a MGSIV win. I actually meant to even remove the statement from my post but I got distracted while I was typing. But I assumed due to your sig. And I apologize for doing so.

I do think GTAIV deserved the award for Game of the Year through Spike TV at least because it's spike tv's demograph. It was shocking to me that LittleBigPlanet won best ps3 game because Spike TV's demograph normally doesn't seem to up on "cute" things. I was mainly trying to say that there are enough "Game of the Year" awards to go around to all the big titles that everyone seemed to have liked.

Ok time for my cliche response:

1) Remember to never assume, you only make and "ass" out of "u" and "me"

2) It's cool, apology noted and accepted

My sig: it was the best looking one on site for me and my posts looked bland without one.  MGS series is my 4th favorite series however.

Best hardware. XD

That gave me a hell of a laugh! It's possible that it's the best hardware now, probably because less RRoD? Anyway I finally found a 360 that sticks with me. No RRoD for more than half a year!