By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Killzone 2 review 10/10 'you’re in for a journey like no other'

Admin Edit: The review posted here is a by Megaman, not an official media source. It will not be included on Metacritic or whatever he claims. Nevertheless have fun with it, he is after all the fearless leader of the SDF on VGC.  (Benga)

First of all I wish to thank Guerilla Games for giving me the opportunity to play the single player and multiplayer campaign of Killzone 2. This review is based on the preview code I was given!

First of all this review is in no way intended to hype the game any further, why hype a game you know will exceed all expectations.

Is it possible to give a game an 11? If so, this would be the game that would merit that score. Killzone 2 is a game that will exceed all expectation and will raise the bar for console shooters even further. This game from start to finish looks outstanding, Guerilla Games have worked magic and that magic is present in it's gorgeous presentation, word’s can’t describe how beautiful this game looks. But great visuals don’t make  a great game, I think you will be happy to know that the gameplay of Killzone 2 is of the highest quality, you can tell when playing the game that Cod4 gameplay is present in Killzone 2. It seems that Guerilla games have used the mechanics that made Call of duty 4 great and managed to expand on it.

With titles such as Halo 3, Gears of war 2 and Call of duty 4 all been released. Killzone 2 has a lot to live up to and manages to exceed the high expectations set by all three games. As I started the game I was simply overwhelmed by the surroundings I found myself in, the intensity and pace of the game is so fast moving you have barely time to admire the surrounding. The A.I in the games is very sophisticated I found myself frustrated and the amount times I was killed. Killzone 2 is game where you need to be patient, but accomplishing certain goals will feel very rewarding.

Many people have said that the sales of Killzone 2 may be disappointed if Sony doesn’t promote the game properly, I must disagree I think it's similar to call of duty 4 which had a fairly good debut on the ps3 but continued to sell wel throughout the year why? The game is that good, and Killzone 2 will also benefit from word of mouth this game will have long legs and with no real competition in February this game is a must!

This is what some of my colleagues have said at 1UP and IGN:

“Killzone 2 is cinematic by virtue of its astonishing visual presentation perhaps the best-looking console game ever , at least on a technical level -- and engaging by virtue of being so cinematic. I found myself playing through it just to witness the tense gunfights and ridiculous set pieces”.

Nick Suttner, 1Up

“This is just too damn good. There's no way, man. There's just no freaking way. Something this amazing cannot be. It's a physical impossibility. I am incapable of eating the planet Jupiter with a plastic spoon and this game can't be real. It's way, way too awesome for life to handle it. Hell, I don't even think it can be CG. You know what? It probably doesn't even exist”.

Ivan Sulic, IGN

Closing comment

Come February 2009 make sure you have got $60 ready before starting the game make sure you’ve a couple of Mountain Dew cans sitting beside as you enter the battle, everyone buckle up you’re in for a journey like no other!

Presentation
There will be no game like it

Graphics
The level of detail is unsurpassed, with each pixel conspiring to create an unprecedented level of immersion.

Sound
From the sound bites of passers by to the detail of the radio stations, the audio work is out of this world

Gameplay
With a game world as rich as this, and with such a vast toolset, play is as good as you want it to be.

Lasting Appeal
you will be playing this game 10 years from now!

Masterful

OVERALL

This review will be up on metacritic by noon tomorrow!

This review was submitted by megaman 2 also known as the editor in chief of the Sony forums.

Sad news

On the 28th of November we lost a loyal soldier his name was Colonelstubbs, he was a soldier that rigorously defended the Sony brand with determination and passion.

His loss will be mourned, but his betrayal will have dire consequences I have already assigned Skeeuk and Leoj as roof snipers along with a tactical team standing by, you may have deserted us soldier but not even Master Chief will save you from my soldiers

Edit: Its good to be back!!

Around the Network

This thread is full of WTF?

Pixel Art can be fun.

LOL. Welcome back!

Unlike Killzone 1, I will laugh when this game gets a sub 90 score. When it happened to Killzone 1, it just ticked me off.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Wow. I actually for a fraction of split second believed you there.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

Around the Network

My ESP is telling me that this game will overthrow Ocarina of Time and begin the long delayed and long awaited PS3Domination.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

You come back, make a fake thread with your "colleagues," and don't realize you're actually going to hurt Sony fanboys in the long run? ROFL.

You're only going to make Sony fanboys look bad when the real reviews come.. why do you do this?

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Incandescence said:
My ESP is telling me that this game will overthrow Ocarina of Time and begin the long delayed and long awaited PS3Domination.

This.lol

"Is it possible to give a game an 11? If so, this would be the game that would merit that score."

Isn't that a line from a review for MGS4?

LOL
I have to admit megaman2, you got me into believing this for a second!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Cant wait for it.

.....and megaman please dont get banned again for another while. I have severly missed reading your posts and threads over the past month, as all that seems to be on these forums at the minute is "PS3 is doomedz" threads:(