By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Cleanup Hitter for 2009 will be.....

selnor said:
flagship said:
Doom 4 + Mass Effect 2.

Mass Effect 2

I have a funny feeling Mass Effect 2 will be the game of the generation. The first was amazing. Cant wait to see where this story goes.

Didn't you say Gears would be the game of the generation? It will be good, but not that good, and it is not as big a franchise as their previous hitters.

Around the Network

3 hits for 2009 (also my top 3 anticipated)

Alan wake
Huxley
APB

Wishlist for 360............

Shenmue 3
Killer instinct 3

I know we are talking exclusives here, but the 'killer app' does not have to be exclusive. CoD6 (Modern combat 2) will come out likely Novemeber, Assassins Creed 2 (supposed to be timed exclusive to Xbox), Bioshock 2, FFXIII, Resident Evil, will all be multi million sellers on the Xbox. This will be on top of Mass Effect 2, likely Forza 3 (will comeout before GT), Halo:OSDT, Halo Wars, Allen Wake, Madden 10, etc, etc, etc.

There will be plenty of great games next year, and I have faith that there will be at least 2-3 great titles (like Left 4 Dead) that will come out (maybe Orange Box 2?).

xerostomia said:
I know we are talking exclusives here, but the 'killer app' does not have to be exclusive. CoD6 (Modern combat 2) will come out likely Novemeber, Assassins Creed 2 (supposed to be timed exclusive to Xbox), Bioshock 2, FFXIII, Resident Evil, will all be multi million sellers on the Xbox. This will be on top of Mass Effect 2, likely Forza 3 (will comeout before GT), Halo:OSDT, Halo Wars, Allen Wake, Madden 10, etc, etc, etc.

There will be plenty of great games next year, and I have faith that there will be at least 2-3 great titles (like Left 4 Dead) that will come out (maybe Orange Box 2?).

Says who? There is no chance of it being a 360 exclusive, it sold about 3m on PS3 as well and Ubi do like their money!

Anyway, the "killer app" does have to be exclusive, because that game is also attracting people onto the other platform, and when Sony have GT 5, they might lean towards PS3, as Forza cannot compare with GT

Munken11.

Why are you trolling this tread. Please go back to the PS3 side and talk about your games.

Around the Network
RayRay102 said:
Munken11.

Why are you trolling this tread. Please go back to the PS3 side and talk about your games.

Why I am trolling, you do realise I have an Xbox, and so I am talking about which games for next year excite me, and I think have selling potential. Yes I do think Mass Effect 2 will be an incredible game, but I do not think it going to compare to Gears of War or Halo. Forza too is not a huge franchise, though I think it is quite big. Alan Wake won't sell well because it is a niche type of game, I don't think Heavy Rain will sell to well either even though they are certainly very interesting games

Munkeh111 said:
xerostomia said:

Says who? There is no chance of it being a 360 exclusive, it sold about 3m on PS3 as well and Ubi do like their money!

Anyway, the "killer app" does have to be exclusive, because that game is also attracting people onto the other platform, and when Sony have GT 5, they might lean towards PS3, as Forza cannot compare with GT

Actually, it doesn't.

Recall one of the main strengths of the 360: its pricetag. The more alike the PS3 and 360 are, the worse it is for the PS3. If all people care for are multiplats (FFXIII, CoD, Madden, PES, etc), then it's a tougher buy for the expensive console.

Also, don't forget about the Wii's existance. It doesn't receive (or has lesser versions of) most of the top HD games.

edit: I suppose it depends how we define a "killer app." If it has to be on the level of Halo 3 / GeoW, multiplats won't quite get there... but neither has any PS3 game besides MGS4.

Well 1 year ago everybody says "where are the games for the 360 next year, it has no games" "ps3 has mgs4, lbp, resistance 2". But, surprise, Gears 2, fable 2, l4d came to save the ms day. I would say than we have to wait, we have seen before than microsoft annouce their big games until the middle of the year.

But, making a little prediction, i would say alan wake, ki3, maybe mass effect 2 (this would be the game than i will be waiting), Halo wars, Halo ODST, and Splinter Cell. That would be a great 2009 lineup.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

leo-j said:
kungfusqurrel said:

if ps3 succumbs to dust, the 360 fans well finally get gt5 and all of ps3 titles, killzone 2 will be remade for 360, resistance will be remade also, everything that ps3 touched will be transformed into 360, omg that's kinda scary if i were sony, i mean everything that you build disappeared over night and you wondering huh wtf happened i thought my ps3 was the shitnitz. scary, real scary. a worst dream come true, unfortunately this dream can get very real. maybe ken foresaw this dream and quit early while ps3 was doing ok? LOL.

anyway forza 3 and viva pinata 4-5 is what i look forward to.

So all of a sudden Sony ip will suddenly be made on the 360.

lol what ? .. it makes no sense.. at all

Check out my game about moles ^

c0rd said:
Munkeh111 said:
xerostomia said:

Actually, it doesn't.

Recall one of the main strengths of the 360: its pricetag. The more alike the PS3 and 360 are, the worse it is for the PS3. If all people care for are multiplats (FFXIII, CoD, Madden, PES, etc), then it's a tougher buy for the expensive console.

Also, don't forget about the Wii's existance. It doesn't receive (or has lesser versions of) most of the top HD games.

edit: I suppose it depends how we define a "killer app." If it has to be on the level of Halo 3 / GeoW, multiplats won't quite get there... but neither has any PS3 game besides MGS4.

I meant major system seller, and you are right about that. I did consider whether you could count the price tag as the killer app, but that does not really answer the question, so I stayed clear of it. And of course the price situation should be different next year (if sony want to sell consoles!) so it might not be as much of a factor next christmas as it is this christmas