By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Is anyone here playing FF14 on the Lich server?

Around the Network

@rutea7, not sure yet. i am waiting for the release of the ps4 version to get back into the game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Gonna pick up Alchemists of the Dusk Sky when I get time off from college, itching to get back to my PS3

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

I'm not someone who normally plays RPG's, well not proper RPG's anyway. I played games like Borderlands and Deus Ex: Human Revolution which have RPG elements. But anyway, what RPG game or series would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally play this genre? I would like to give them a go but am unsure what is good to get into for an RPG noob like me

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
I'm not someone who normally plays RPG's, well not proper RPG's anyway. I played games like Borderlands and Deus Ex: Human Revolution which have RPG elements. But anyway, what RPG game or series would you recommend to someone who doesn't normally play this genre? I would like to give them a go but am unsure what is good to get into for an RPG noob like me

Well, I would definitely try Bravely Default, if you have a 3DS. Best Final Fantasy to come out in years, and people look at Final Fantasy as kind of the "defining" JRPG. If you don't like turn-based, there's action-RPGs like Skyrim (people argue on whether or not it's an RPG, I consider it to be one). Fire Emblem Awakening is also an amazing game (once again, on 3DS). If you happen to have a Wii lying aroung, Xenoblade Chronicles was good, and if you have a PS3 I would look into getting the Tales of Symphonia collection that's coming out, those were some great games. If you have a 360, The Lasy Odyssey is also quite nice. The Star Ocean series is also a pretty good action JRPG collection, with awesome stories and characters to boot. There's just so many out there, I'm sure you'll find something that you like :)

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

@the2real4mafol,
ps1 : final fantasy 8
ps2 : final fantasy 10
ps3 : ni no kuna wrath of the white witch
360 : lost odyssey, tales of vesperia
wii : xenoblade
3ds : bravery default
vita : y's memories of celetral tree

any of those games , would be good starters and would also show why we in here love the genre so damn much :)

All this JRPG talk and no one is talking about RPGs closer to home. With that said, I'm almost finished Dragon Age 2 XD

@darkknightkryta, poor baby, need a hug :)
well i am sad : witcher 3 got delayed till early next year
but we do get final fantasy 14 on ps4, next month :)

the2real4mafol said:

The Tales series man, the Tales series.

You should try Tales of Xillia.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@darkknightkryta, poor baby, need a hug :)
well i am sad : witcher 3 got delayed till early next year
but we do get final fantasy 14 on ps4, next month :)